Installing LTSB over a legit license

Kicest

Hello. I got sick of Win 10 Pro and decide to give LTSB a try. Since I have a PC that comes with Win 10 Pro pre-installed with a legit license what happens if I install LTSB with KMSPICO and someday decide to get back to my legit pro version? I will loose my legit activation/key/license of Windows 10 Pro? Thanks.

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Kicest said:

Hello. I got sick of Win 10 Pro and decide to give LTSB a try. Since I have a PC that comes with Win 10 Pro pre-installed with a legit license what happens if I install LTSB with KMSPICO and someday decide to get back to my legit pro version? I will loose my legit activation/key/license of Windows 10 Pro? Thanks.

you don't need to format, you can reduce disk space by going to "disk management" and create dual boot (win10 pro + LTSB version) and this way you will be able to use both versions at any time.

2 minutes ago, mehdibleu said:

you don't need to format, you can reduce disk space by going to "disk management" and create dual boot (win10 pro + LTSB version) and this way you will be able to use both versions at any time.

Yes I know that but I don't like to dual boot and anyway I don't want 10 Pro anymore. Back to my question any idea?

1 minute ago, Kicest said:

Yes I know that but I don't like to dual boot and anyway I don't want 10 Pro anymore. Back to my question any idea?

Since you bought pc with win10 pro pre installed that means that you have logically OEM license so i suppose that you have recovery partition.

If it's the case, if you decide to format to install LTSB and you want to go back to win10 pro, all you need to do is perform factory restore and your win10 pro will be activated automatically after that.

dipsetbrett
4 hours ago, Kicest said:

You really don't need to worry about it you can completely format your boot drive including the recovery partitions with no issues as long as your connected to the internet you hit the "I don't have a licence key" in the windows installer when you want to go back to windows 10 pro and Microsoft will check your hardware config since your key is tied to hardware you wont ever need to enter a key. I format my boot drive at least 1 every 2 months because I'm odd and i like the new fresh install feeling lol.. but yea don't worry your all good!

13 hours ago, Kicest said:

KMSPico is an auth-server runing on localhost. And during the OS-checks it connects to localhost instead of MS-Servers. You won't loose your license since it will check for LTSB and thanks to KMS it will get validated.

Once you revert/install W10 Pro back it will check against the license/certificate in the UEFI/BIOS of your PC. But in all the honesty - why going back to something inferior ;)

13 hours ago, dipsetbrett said:

You really don't need to worry about it you can completely format your boot drive including the recovery partitions with no issues as long as your connected to the internet you hit the "I don't have a licence key" in the windows installer when you want to go back to windows 10 pro and Microsoft will check your hardware config since your key is tied to hardware you wont ever need to enter a key. I format my boot drive at least 1 every 2 months because I'm odd and i like the new fresh install feeling lol.. but yea don't worry your all good!

is a Microsoft account involved here or not?

Spoiler

1IEGQIupTv2rZmOX5lcI4g.png

7 minutes ago, jbleck said:

is a Microsoft account involved here or not?

Reveal hidden contents

It doesn't matter MS account is involved or not the HWID is tied to the computer. I have digital license for home, pro and education on the same computer. It activates automatically with or without MS account.

dipsetbrett
6 hours ago, BioHazard said:

It doesn't matter MS account is involved or not the HWID is tied to the computer. I have digital license for home, pro and education on the same computer. It activates automatically with or without MS account.

What I was trying to say lol but short and to the point.

Archived