Need advice upgrading/building System for 768p Gaming and Development

insanedown58

insanedown58

Hey everyone, so I'm at that time again where I'll be upgrading my system or building a new one. At the moment, I need to have a system that can handle Unity3D because I need to work on a virtual reality tour of our school. I bought a Core i3-3220 used but with a bad GPU and the processor only having 2 cores, I think it still won't cut it. Here's my system right now:

Intel Core i3 3220

4GB DDR3 1333 Kingston

Asus H61M-C

Nvidia GT 730 2GB DDR3

I'm looking at yet another APU build and here's what I can fit in my budget

AMD A10-7860K

8GB DDR3 1600 Kingston

Asrock FM2A68M-DG3+

HIS R7 240 2GB DDR3 128 Bit (used)

Now for taking the upgrade path, here are the parts I'm going to change it to:

i5-3470

Sapphire RX 260

8GB DDR3 1600 RAM

• Replies 5
  • Views 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

upgrading from the core i3 cpu with 4gb ram to the core i5 cpu with 8gb ram will be a huge system improvement. I don't like AMD cpu's but that's just me.

• Administrator

One of the most important part of a gaming computer is it's graphics card, CPU comes later. The graphics card you are looking for might be enough, but it's not new and you will need to upgrade again sooner or later. I suggest you go for a newer generation graphics card and also put as much money into it as possible for you do to so.

insanedown58
39 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

One of the most important part of a gaming computer is it's graphics card, CPU comes later. The graphics card you are looking for might be enough, but it's not new and you will need to upgrade again sooner or later. I suggest you go for a newer generation graphics card and also put as much money into it as possible for you do to so.

Thing is, I'm going to buy the parts used so the RX 460 is the GPU that comes around as most available. I've seen some GTX 1050 go around here and there for the same price range though so I might pick those up instead when I find them. All the PC parts that I'm going to upgrade to will be used with the exception of the RAM (because the difference is so small I don't see why I shouldn't pay a bit more for a multi-year warranty).

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, insanedown58 said:

Thing is, I'm going to buy the parts used so the RX 460 is the GPU that comes around as most available. I've seen some GTX 1050 go around here and there for the same price range though so I might pick those up instead when I find them. All the PC parts that I'm going to upgrade to will be used with the exception of the RAM (because the difference is so small I don't see why I shouldn't pay a bit more for a multi-year warranty).

Those graphics cards will be better than the ones mentioned in the first post.

I thought RAM came with unlimited warranty there.

If you tell us the maximum money that you can spend on your build then it will be a lot easier for us to suggest you one.

Archived