How to make Windows 10 share updates over LAN

rawyolks

I have 4 computers at work, and even though "Updates from more than one place" is ticked at "PCs on my local network" I notice that it doesn't (we don't have a broadband Internet, unfortunately just a LTE with limited transfer).

All those computers are connected to the same router, all have enabled every sharing setting, even documents etc. (when I go to "Computer" > "Network" I see all other PCs and folders like Documents, Music etc.)

Is there any fix or way to have Windows 10 use updates already downloaded on other PCs on the local network? If downloaded four times is quite excessive and inefficient IMHO.

Thanks in advance for any replies/ insights/ suggestions/ solutions :) Should anyone need further details, please let me know.

• Replies 3
  • Views 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To install something, it must be downloaded to the same computer, where they will be installed.
So much as much I know, Windows will begin to install the updates immediately if they are downloaded. But downloading goes not by files and folders, but a bit differently. So You cannot even copy them in different computers.
The only way is to download full packages and use them.

Archived