A Forum (Moderator/Adminitrator) Bug

tao

Just went to delete a post as it was a duplicate of a 2-minute earlier post.  Couldn't delete it ...  < deleted >

• Replies 2
  • Views 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Crazycanuk said:

Usually if content or sources are different between the posts they would have been merged. In this case the threads were identical and from the same source. Hence adding no extra value to the thread.The reason we don't delete the thread is so the author is aware of our action. We do not delete posts of this kind without authors approval. You may request us to do so for any post that doesn't add value. When we close or merge something, the system automatically chooses the oldest post to keep.

Of course, they were identical.  Of course, no value is added in identical posts.  Deleting a post by the author is the easiest solution!  So give author some time (say about 15 minutes to do so).  Don't block him from doing this.

Of course, I WANT THE FIRST-POSTED SOLUTION TO BE KEPT! 

And I am offering a helpful solution, not arguing, but it seems we are talking orthogonally. :(

Cheers, however!  :drunk:

(This topic is closed from my point of view.  Thanks. Regards.)

• Batu69 locked this topic
16 minutes ago, adi said:

(This topic is closed from my point of view.  Thanks. Regards.)

Ok, I locked / closed this topic as your requested. If you have anything please push report button.

Archived