Forum Staff Bug 2

Skylar

@DKT27

You left me no choice but create another topic in order to respond to your comment in my (locked) previous one here:

First, i wasn't talking about you. you're an administrator, not staff moderator. We all know you're the coolest admin we ever met (i mean it) and i can assure you we all have, here or there, some friends from different countries

That's exactly why we feel ourselves offended when a given country is targeted in so many threads here!

is it only me who say that? certainly not! many members complained in many threads for exactly the same reasons

i don't say there is a conspiracy against Russians, but there are some posters who just post bullshit they even didn't read!

Providing a good source is not enough for me and, i'm sure, for other members too. What if your so good-trusted source is also part of the propaganda? (this is actually the case for many good-trusted sources)

As Batu69 did not write the news, it's not responsibility to cross check each and everything mention in it. It's Batu69's responsibility to make sure the news comes from a trustable source and has credibility

Well, i'm surprised you don't understand how a poster is responsible of what he is posting!

just an example : isn't it the case in the software updates forum?

if a poster posted a non working solution or even an infected file, isn't he responsible of that?

Are members acclaiming him for his great work or are they blaming him for infecting their computers?

Can we say then that the poster has only posted the file and he didn't created it?

Just think about it one more time and you'll see how a poster is responsible for his post

Also, re-check that topic by Batu69 and see how members were just about to fight!

Don't you see this topic as a controversial propaganda which i precise, always target Russians?

Have Russian hackers confirmed this? No? then this article is just another shameless accusation!

News poster's work is not to judge, but provide news.

Not exactly! News posters work is also to make sure their posts will not harm or offend anyone

i know news posters are posting news "as is" and they didn't wrote them but they should avoid articles provoking conflicts between members (re-check that post again and see what i'm talking about)

You can also check the huge amount of closed topics about America, the FBI and NSA. you'll see how talking about america is not allowed at the opposite of talking about Russia and Iran!

i'm sure if that thread was posted by a member about american hackers doing the same it would be closed!

American Hackers Are Using Google's Own Infrastructure to Hack Gmail Users

How do this sounds to you?

The posts were hidden - not deleted, for the admins to decide to allow to them or not.

How would i know this?

Still, the posts were hidden for me to look into them - I was even notified by Batu69 to decide on them. But you had no patience to wait for me to decide on them,

See

STAFFBUG2.png

What would i understand in your opinion?

You're saying i have no patience to wait for your decision?

Why don'r you tell to your staff mod to have patience and contact members by pm's and explain them why their posts have been removed or just hidden as you say?

i see you blaming me all the way, but i didn't saw you blaming your staff moderator for posting controversial crap nor for deleting/hiding posts without contacting posters!

Posting news is Batu69's responsibility and he is doing so.

Then he should avoid posting political propaganda and enjoy seeing members fighting for their countries!

if he was just a member i would understand to a certain extent, but him being a staff moderator posting crap and provoking fights? No sorry!

At this point, you can close this topic too if you wish

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
knowledge-Spammer

1st its nice to meet u

i understand   how u feel but somethings never change

lets just say it was a mistake and lets all be friends we all make mistakes from time to time

2 minutes ago, knowledge said:

Skylar

1st its nice to meet u

lets just say it was a mistake and lets all be friends we all make mistakes from time to time

Agreed! ...and nice to meet you too @knowledge .Actually, i'm appreciating your work since longtime here. you're one of the best members here my friend :)

knowledge-Spammer
5 minutes ago, Skylar said:

Agreed! ...and nice to meet you too @knowledge .Actually, i'm appreciating your work since longtime here. you're one of the best members here my friend :)

not sure the best i have much  to learn   but thanks u for nice comments my friend  :)

1 hour ago, Skylar said:

You left me no choice but create another topic in order to respond to your comment in my (locked) previous one here:...

Must concur that members must not be made to feel this helpless when dealing with moderators or administrators (those who are given a few extra powers in the fora such as this).  Feeling of helplessness is awful.  It must be avoided until and unless the avoidance causes more than one person to feel awful.  Thanks. Regards.   :flowers:

2 hours ago, Skylar said:

You left me no choice but create another topic in order to respond to your comment in my (locked) previous one here:

[...]

You're saying i have no patience to wait for your decision?

Your frustration is not only palpable but also very understandable.  I am sorry that you suffered such awful feeling for more than a day now.    :(

Yes, patient has limits; it takes a millisecond for moderators and administrators to quote that dreaded guidelines link; and days to respond when a response is sorely needed in case of a members' cry for help.  ;)

1 hour ago, knowledge said:

not sure the best i have much  to learn   but thanks u for nice comments my friend  :)

As I have said earlier, elsewhere:  You are a role model not only in being knowledgeable but also in being always humble and helpfulYour willingness to help is commendable!  :flowers:

1 hour ago, knowledge said:

1st its nice to meet u

@Skylar is good with us and he already mentioned in main post. The only issue is how the moderation was handled with his posts and how Admins respond. I think @shoughtshould takeover as Admin to know how IPB/IPS v4.xxx sucks, know of bugs by conversing with us, how co-admins and mods/staff handle moderations and how they respond to issues with moderation and more.

To many novels here : I do not have nerves to read all of them......:P

10 minutes ago, Recruit said:

Only The Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri & Darkness at Noon by Arthur Koestler

"Oh you who have sane intellects
Take note of the teaching which is hidden
Under the veil of these strange verses"   :hehe:

Archived