INTEL or AMD?

visualbuffs

visualbuffs

I trust intel cpu + their board and chipset

so guys do you prefer amd cpu + their board and chipset?

im a computer technician and last week my customer return the build i created which is AMD A4-6300 + FM2+ Gigabyte A68M Motherboard 

i warranty it and replace with asrock h61m-vs3 and now  still working fine

I do trust the gigabyte brand but when it comes to AMD Version of them still no value and less lifespan / waste of money

many of my customer came to my shop and the things is Gigabyte A68M was brick no capacitor issue . the main problem was the chipset! was bricked. i think that gigabyte fm2+ a68m mobo is crap.

no quality for me 

I do prefer Intel ever since their processor was excellent quality even 10 years still the processor are in good condition

also connecting to that. the mobo manufacturer like gigabyte was still in good quality because of good cpu + good chipset itself

no issue on intel motherboard

amd 64 was first created 2003 and that was my college time

amd increases their market because of its 64 bit cpu and i believe in that

so ddr2 days AMD are top notcher in the market

but intel didn't give up and overtaken amd when their launches it i-series and now the best cpu was intel again

even amd ryzen was born . still intel i7 series was the top notch when in comes to performance quality and gaming

amd is good for a budget but depend on the situation like you needed a aircon and less dust room

intel can run even under the sun 24/7 . 

so guys anybody here believe in amd + chipset?

• Replies 21
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
stylemessiah

Intel every damn time...more cpu cycles and speed for the $

I still cannot believe AMD even bothers to make CPU's any more...

Heres the AMD blueprint:

1) Release bs CPU info to magazines

2) Magazines eat that shit up and put out all these fancy grpahic stories about AM's "new" architecture and "breakthough" board technologies

3) Some poor fools , i call them delusional AMD fanboys create thousands of threads fanboying AMD crap

4) AMD releases CPU

5) People get a taste of reality. That AMD are and have been behind in the game for over a decade

6) Repeat from Step 1 in 1 year

They make great GPU's and thats what they should concentrate on, Intel owns CPU's, simple as that.

You couldnt pay me to use AMD CPU's personally, and i wont build a PC for anyone using their CPU's, because i know the owner will be underwhelmed by the performance

7 minutes ago, stylemessiah said:

Intel every damn time...more cpu cycles and speed for the $

I still cannot believe AMD even bothers to make CPU's any more...

Heres the AMD blueprint:

1) Release bs CPU info to magazines

2) Magazines eat that shit up and put out all these fancy grpahic stories about AM's "new" architecture and "breakthough" board technologies

3) Some poor fools , i call them delusional AMD fanboys create thousands of threads fanboying AMD crap

4) AMD releases CPU

5) People get a taste of reality. That AMD are and have been behind in the game for over a decade

6) Repeat from Step 1 in 1 year

They make great GPU's and thats what they should concentrate on, Intel owns CPU's, simple as that.

You couldnt pay me to use AMD CPU's personally, and i wont build a PC for anyone using their CPU's, because i know the owner will be underwhelmed by the performance

You can't choose a CPU just based on the brand... check benchmark of each proc and then decide.

Ryzen price/performance ratio is better than most i5/i7 this days.

stylemessiah

As per my previous post, AMD Ryzen will be another over hyped market disappointment, like everything theyve released for over a decade.

Yes, once they had a place at the table with cheap performance chips against Intel still charging a premium.

But we're now in a world where electronics are so commonplace and cheap and powerful that you cant make claims that dont stack up to reality

And AMD hasnt learnt the lesson, theyre still putting out bs figures and releases conning the AMD fanboys into buying underperfoming but overhyped CPU's and platforms

Both companies love to quote synthetic benchmarks, its not until you get to real world experience that you realise that AMD is having a laugh

Any savings you think you'll get by buying an AMD CPU will soon dissapear as you find out the motherboards cost more than ones for Intel as well, so they cant even claim theyre cheaper than Intel anymore...One of the PC mags did a story on this recently, so dont take it from me alone...they, like most, will tell you Intel is the way to go....AMD sent them a test box with a purposely modified and tweaked bios to try and fool them, and got outed....

I owned both too, Intel all the way.

jimbojet2011

Intel all the way, Used them both but prefer INTEL

LeetPirate

Depends on your intended application. AMD has made no new architectures since the K10 architecture from 2007 until Ryzen, yea yea they can call it bulldozer v22 or whatever other Catapillar equipment they want but it's the same trash from 2007 with some tweaks. The Ryzen architecture is new and excellent bang for the buck but as usual they bulldozed themselves yet again with the FMA3 bug. I would not wish for AMD to stop making CPUs because it's already a state sanctioned monopoly where only AMD has been licensed by Intel to make x86 CPU so that it appears as if there is fair game. Things are so bad that Intel does not bother to introduce large improvements anymore, Kaby Lake is only marginally better than Skylake and this is how it has been for quite some years now. I would hate to see things go back to the days of expensive and useless Pentium 4 so it's better if AMD tries to step up their game rather than call it quits.

Intel still has the best instructions per cycle which is why an Intel quad core with hyper threading could outperform a 100 core AMD in any real world application. Because of AMD's epic failure Intel even decided to label Atom cpus as Pentium and Celeron so now the average person has no idea that when they buy a Pentium N3700 they are really buying a renamed Atom cpu, nevertheless AMD has nothing to compete because their E1/E2 low power chips can't even load a webpage.

If you need the extra threads then the Ryzen is a decent cpu given the cost but for anything else save yourself the punishment and buy Intel, even if your budget is tight you can buy a Pentium for 50USD and it just works.

12 hours ago, stylemessiah said:

You really need to educate yourself, your ignorance is truly enormous.

As I tried to say: you don't choose a CPU based on the brand (that's what a fanboy do, isn't it ?), you choose based on your intended usage, budget, and current reviews/tests/benchmarks.

• Administrator

It's quite interesting. AMD's problem with chipsets. I wonder if they are of the quality of Intel's chipsets.

13 hours ago, stylemessiah said:

Any savings you think you'll get by buying an AMD CPU will soon dissapear as you find out the motherboards cost more than ones for Intel as well, so they cant even claim theyre cheaper than Intel anymore.

This is one thing I will disagree on. I have found B350 motherboards to be cheaper than H270 motherboards here.

Forget the moron says! They just some intel fanatic...

AMD Ryzen has much better performance against Intel for CPU processing (x264 encoding, 7-zip, 3D rendering, etc.) with the same price

Intel just a little bit better in game (direct x 11 & 12)

10 hours ago, LeetPirate said:

Because of AMD's epic failure Intel even decided to label Atom cpus as Pentium and Celeron so now the average person has no idea that when they buy a Pentium N3700 they are really buying a renamed Atom cpu

Yeah that would be me :lmao::rofl:

Yet, I have no objection with the CPU apart from it can't decode 10-bit x265 HEVC. I can't even imagine what would happen to me if that were a renamed AMD APU or something :lol:

19 minutes ago, anana said:

Forget the moron says! They just some intel fanatic...

AMD Ryzen has much better performance against Intel for CPU processing (x264 encoding, 7-zip, 3D rendering, etc.) with the same price

Intel just a little bit better in game (direct x 11 & 12)

So who ever don't agree with you are morons, right?

7 minutes ago, BioHazard said:

So who ever don't agree with you are morons, right?

I don't know, cos i don't say that...

write2vivek86

i have had used AMD top spec processor, it used to get heated after gaming and graphic intensive work. Intel is way cooler then that, and in overall, intel came out the best in day to day performance, intel core i7 in office beats every latest AMD out there. Ryzen series 7 is being used in my office, and it cannot beat the high spec intel corei7 in overall.

write2vivek86
15 hours ago, stylemessiah said:

As per my previous post, AMD Ryzen will be another over hyped market disappointment, like everything theyve released for over a decade.

Yes, once they had a place at the table with cheap performance chips against Intel still charging a premium.

But we're now in a world where electronics are so commonplace and cheap and powerful that you cant make claims that dont stack up to reality

And AMD hasnt learnt the lesson, theyre still putting out bs figures and releases conning the AMD fanboys into buying underperfoming but overhyped CPU's and platforms

Both companies love to quote synthetic benchmarks, its not until you get to real world experience that you realise that AMD is having a laugh

Any savings you think you'll get by buying an AMD CPU will soon dissapear as you find out the motherboards cost more than ones for Intel as well, so they cant even claim theyre cheaper than Intel anymore...One of the PC mags did a story on this recently, so dont take it from me alone...they, like most, will tell you Intel is the way to go....AMD sent them a test box with a purposely modified and tweaked bios to try and fool them, and got outed....

totally agree with this, prefer Intel over it.

• Administrator

Thread moved to Technology Talk, as it's hardware related, Software Chat is not suitable for it. Thanks to the member reporting it though, it went unnoticed here.

You need to pay attention to these things before buying/building your rig:

1. Budget. Keep in your mind that each region/country prices are differ.

2. General usage. What kind of things most likely you're gonna run on your system?

3. Synthetic benchmark and real world performance test. A little research before buying won't hurt at all.

Don't easily jump on the train with those people who say A is better than B.

Generally speaking Intel (7700K) is still leading in most games performance at 1080p (beyond this resolution is more GPU bound), while AMD Ryzen is better at heavy workload tasks such as encoding, video rendering, etc.

Israeli_Eagle

I myself still prefer AMD, because...

• much better prices (also side costs)
  • much better to overclock and really full unlocked (not only multipliers)
  • much better & less costs for cooling even with high overclocking (25% and more overclocked and still stays under 60 degrees celsius without water-cooling)
  • much more stable even with overclocking (my last BSOD was 2010 and I myself created it)
  • and... I'm still allergic to Intel and their company politics since 68k time!

Maybe I'm already way too old or such... :rolleyes:

Archived