Waterfox 53.0.3

anuraag

Waterfox is a 64-bit version of Firefox. Waterfox is modified version of the Firefox source code specifically for machines running 64-bit versions of Windows. Software designed for 64-bit Windows editions can take advantage of faster RAM and processing speeds and greater stability in 64-bit systems. Just converting Mozilla's source code for 64-bit Windows isn't enough, Waterfox takes it to another level with unique tweaks which help it exploit the speed of 64-bit systems. Waterfox is made with one thing in mind: speed. Waterfox offers 100% Firefox Add-on Compatibility and 64-bit Plugin Support.

Thanks to SalaR for the update.

Download

• Replies 6
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been following it for years. Overall, there have been only a few versions without problem. Ordinary never don't work properly.
In recent times it has become completely meaningless.  Even have been versions, which don't work at all. 
In this latest version does not even firefox.exe version number changed, it is still 53.0.1. Often happens so that have been made changes secretly, ie simply installer is new but version number is the same and so on.
Now, if Firefox 64 is officially available, it is absolutely useless.

2 hours ago, ashish1989 said:

Has anybody tried it

Is it better than firefox???

I have tried both Waterfox and Cyberfox, and to me Cyberfox beats it hands down in terms of speed and features.

Also, Cyberfox has CPU (Intel or AMD) optimized versions depending on which CPU you have.

17 hours ago, ashish1989 said:

Has anybody tried it

Is it better than firefox???

Waterfox still lets XP users update , you can still use unsigned addons   and it dont have any telemetry that calls home to Mozilla or Waterfox.

14 hours ago, Stig said:

I have tried both Waterfox and Cyberfox, and to me Cyberfox beats it hands down in terms of speed and features.

Also, Cyberfox has CPU (Intel or AMD) optimized versions depending on which CPU you have.

Cyberfox is dead in the water and will be abadonware once v52 ESR  stops getting updates it was a pure Firefox clone with its own fork of CTR and few extra features you can get from installing addons . Waterfox is my main browser on Linux now I really like it a lot. :)

The only not so good thing that I have noticed about FF is one or two addons lose their compatibility as it updates and fail to work properly or at all. Most of them can be also updated but some have been abandoned over the course of time, leaving FF a little less perfect and swinging in the breeze.. I think there may be other browsers that are as good or maybe even slightly better for various technical reasons, but I have gotten to know FF now and I reckon it's highly configurable and easily maintained and cleaned, making it, in my opinion, quite a neat tidy little package. Better the devil you know, so I will definitely stick to it..

InsaneAl

Archived