Windows 10 Redstone 3 Build 16199 Watermark

virge

So I downloaded Windows 10 Redstone 3 Build 16199 to test with and before Windows installs, there is a pop-up asking which OS to install. Pro and Pro N are listed twice in the selection. If yu choose the first Pro or Pro N options, Windows will not allow you to install any applications outside of the Microsoft Store. I tried to install WinRAR and was denied. 

The second Pro option doesn't do that and seems to work just fine, there are a few new options here and there, nothing major.  KMSAuto_Net_2016_v1.5.0_Portable was able to activate it, but the watermark logo doesn't go away. Been only playing with this for a day now, will report back as I find issues. Does anyone know how to remove the watermark logo. 

If anyone wants this build/version, let me know and I'll upload it somewhere for you.

A new Windows 10 Redstone 3 build 16199 released for PCs in fast ring (www.kunal-chowdhury.com)

Virtual_Box_Windows_10_23_05_2017_20_03_

Virtual_Box_Windows_10_23_05_2017_20_04_

My People badge on Windows 10 insiders build 16199 (www.kunal-chowdhury.com)

File Name: 16199.1000.170513-2252.RS_PRERELEASE_CLIENTCOMBINED_UUP_X64FRE_EN-US.ISO

File Size:  4,745,457,664 bytes)

• Replies 1
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first Pro option is actually Windows 10 S. Setup is showing incorrect name for the OS (thanks Microsoft for that)

How to remove the watermark? Easy. Reinstall stable build (15063) :troll:

Just kidding. Use Universal Watermark Disabler (this tool will modify some system files so be careful when using it)

This watermark is harmless. That's the price you have to pay for being unpaid beta testers.

But IMO it makes us proud of being Insiders :D

Archived