Manchester Arena attack: 22 dead and 59 hurt

kasper

Twenty-two people, including children, have been killed and 59 injured in a suspected suicide attack at Manchester Arena.

The blast happened at 22:35 BST on Monday at the end of a pop concert by the US singer Ariana Grande.

Greater Manchester Police said the lone male attacker, who died in the blast, was carrying an improvised explosive device which he detonated.

Relatives are using social media to hunt for missing loved ones.

Police have set up an emergency telephone number in response to the attack. It is: 0161 856 9400.

Chief Constable Ian Hopkins said it was "the most horrific incident" the city had ever faced.

He said the "fast-moving investigation" was now working to establish whether the attacker "was acting alone or as part of a network".

Home Secretary Amber Rudd said it was "a barbaric attack, deliberately targeting some of the most vulnerable".

The prime minister is to chair a meeting of the government's emergency Cobra committee at around 09:00.

Political parties have suspended general election campaigning.

Source 

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-40010124 

http://news.sky.com/story/live-manchester-arena-explosion-10889465

http://www.euronews.com/2017/05/23/dozens-killed-or-injured-in-explosion-at-manchester-arena

https://www.rt.com/uk/389332-manchester-arena-suicide-blast/

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-40010124

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/22/europe/manchester-arena-incident/index.html

• Replies 56
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps someday science can cure psychotic extremism..We can only hope... RIP Victims...

As I approach my 60th birthday, I feel sad for the victims of the Manchester attack and their families, as I did for Paris, London, Nice, Brussels and all the over victims, and I wonder what has become of the world. Over the past few years there have been numerous bombings and killings around the world and every one sends their condolences to the victims, their families, the people of that town and country and it's leaders. Nothing else - then it happens again, more condolences but no real actions against the perpetrators.
Before I was born there was a certain Herr Hitler who threatened the world, and the world come together to eradicate the threat.
I know you cannot compare them, but I believe that these so called ISIS/DAESH are as bad or even worse than Hitler, but the world uses feeble means to combat them.
I am no warmonger, in fact I abhor it. However, enough is enough. It is time for the world and it's leaders to take action.
I have no contact with these leaders, but some of you may. They must act now, ISIS/DAESH are cold blooded killers, and will not be stopped unless the rest of world come together. The are not real Muslims.
So WORLD, STOP THEM.

1 hour ago, p4psb said:

As I approach my 60th birthday, I feel sad for the victims of the Manchester attack and their families, as I did for Paris, London, Nice, Brussels and all the over victims, and I wonder what has become of the world. Over the past few years there have been numerous bombings and killings around the world and every one sends their condolences to the victims, their families, the people of that town and country and it's leaders. Nothing else - then it happens again, more condolences but no real actions against the perpetrators.
Before I was born there was a certain Herr Hitler who threatened the world, and the world come together to eradicate the threat.
I know you cannot compare them, but I believe that these so called ISIS/DAESH are as bad or even worse than Hitler, but the world uses feeble means to combat them.
I am no warmonger, in fact I abhor it. However, enough is enough. It is time for the world and it's leaders to take action.
I have no contact with these leaders, but some of you may. They must act now, ISIS/DAESH are cold blooded killers, and will not be stopped unless the rest of world come together. The are not real Muslims.
So WORLD, STOP THEM.

totally agree...but the problem is,,,, many people think that ALL  Muslims are the problem... one of them just got elected president of the usa...several have tried to get elected in their democracies...some succeed some fail and the there is the matter of other states turning a blind eye or supporting the terrorists...no simple easy or fast solution here

4 minutes ago, dMog said:

totally agree...but the problem is,,,, many people think that ALL  Muslims are the problem... one of them just got elected president of the usa...several have tried to get elected in their democracies...some succeed some fail and the there is the matter of other states turning a blind eye or supporting the terrorists...no simple easy or fast solution here

Trust me it's not that simple, alot of Muslims including me don't agree with ISIS or similar groups, some of them talk on media or internet and some don't

Alot of leaders in middle east succeeded to make people too much busy with work and life so they can hardly live, also every time people try to change the leaders to get a better one, it change to something worse

Alot of people tired of explaining that Islam don't tell Muslims to kill non Muslims, ISIS and other groups use Islam as a cover for something else plus some blind people who don't know Islam well that agree or follow or join them

For example i tried many times to let some non Muslims to watch a man i trust who explain everything in Islam for everyone not only Muslims but they never watch

I'm sure if Leaders want to end ISIS for good they can, but damn politics that make them kill innocent people for what ever reason

25 minutes ago, dMog said:

I know it is not easy, but it was not easy to stop Hitler!

Who has really been responsible for the ISIS actions? :think:

-The ones who destabilized the entire M. East area so that ISIS emerged.

-The ones who trained & equipped ISIS.

UK: We'll just continue screeching "Not ALL of them are like THAT!" as all of Europe lets immigrants flood in at rates that are going to ensure the end of the native population of Europe.

Poland refuses them. Where's the mass crime spike and terror spike in Poland? Oh wait, they didn't import 3rd world people, so they didn't import 3rd world problems. Really makes you think...

They spend more time and money going after "racists" who say these attacks will happen, than they do actually preventing it. Meanwhile, rapists get slaps on the wrist. Any judge who gives them light sentences should be hanged, drawn, and quartered.

30 minutes ago, pc71520 said:

Who has really been responsible for the ISIS actions? :think:

-The ones who destabilized the entire M. East area so that ISIS emerged.

-The ones who trained & equipped ISIS.

You mean the USA, Israel's favorite puppet? USA is a puppet for the Greater Israel Plan.

I don't see ISIS attacking Israel, despite rampant antisemitism in the Middle East. Coincidence?

54 minutes ago, CODYQX4 said:

I don't see ISIS attacking Israel, despite rampant antisemitism in the Middle East. Coincidence?

Not only they don't attack the zionists, they also get cured in their hospitals))

3 hours ago, p4psb said:

So WORLD, STOP THEM.

you probably forgot about victims of Palestine, Yemen, Syria or Iran? or you think your blood is more worthy than them? 

11 minutes ago, saeed_dc said:

... about victims of Palestine, Yemen, Syria or Iran? or you think [one] blood is more worthy than [other]? 

A repeat (reminder) [different translation]:

Of One Essence is the Human Race,
Thusly has Creation put the Base.
One Limb impacted is sufficient,
For all Others to feel the Mace.
The Unconcern'd with Others' Plight,
Are but Brutes with Human Face.  ~Saadi.

44 minutes ago, saeed_dc said:

you probably forgot about victims of Palestine, Yemen, Syria or Iran? or you think your blood is more worthy than them? 

I did say "and all the other victims" as there are just too many to list all of them! I also did not mention Boston or 9/11 or Melbourne.............

ISIS/DAESH are terrorists pure and simple.

I have been in very close contact with terrorists, and I know what they are capable of.

29 minutes ago, p4psb said:

I have been in very close contact with terrorists, and I know what they are capable of.

special forces by chance ? training day

:(

From "Horror Haiku Collection: The Land Of The Damned" by Philip Roberts":

A Time of Evil
Even saintly folk
Feel the call to evil from,
The devil within.

Mind Close To Terror
Mind close to terror
Of slithering/s in the dark,
Closing in on you.

:(

I joined public celebrities crying, having break down in front of a cameras.... sort of, but in practical terms, as soon, as I see one of any being possibly from the area "of religion of peace", just turn other way and thinking or running for life

'm I wrong? anything-what can I do better?

R.I.P. kids :(

• Administrator

First of all, my consolation and support to all of the people either directly or indirectly effected by this. It's really sad this. I have heard that most of them were children. Really, the terrorist targeted children. I know children have been unknowingly or knowingly targeted before, but again, this has to be one of the worst target group one can ever have. I was reading the interviews of those or those who's children attended this, hearing about how this was going to even effect the children that thankfully did not become a direct target of this terrorist.

Second, I would ask everyone not to take anti-any religion / belief / country stand here. I can understand people giving their opinions, but please not spread hate against anyone, terrorists excluded.

@p4psb: While I completely agree with you, the group you are mentioning is not the only group out there. While it's a huge part of a problem the world is facing, it's not the only group out there example - a lot of them can be found in my country and my neighborhood country - I can immediately name more than a few. The problem is, either politicians lack intentions or if they do not, then world does not allow them to. Some countries unfortunately are busy between justifying what is good terrorism and what is bad terrorism, where as there is no good and bad terrorism, it's just terrorism, terrorism which needs to dealt with strong, coordinated and dedicated efforts, which will not happen if some countries or world leaders - not pointing anyone in particular, are busy thinking what is beneficial to them.

The Children

When spring arrives
From every tree tip
Flowers will bloom,
But those children
Who fell with last autumn’s leaves
Will never return.

~ Ryokan

Not only have we learned to use the internet as you can see on such publications

djh0ud0poi2ajgv1x.jpg

(it's a part out of Rumiyah)

Yep, we got knocked down, but we're back up and making a nice cup of tea.

We'll 'av these bastards.

Eiffel Tower goes dark after Manchester attack

The Burj Khalifa in Dubai lit with the Union Jack in solidarity with Manchester.

paris.jpg

DAjGrtsWsAAqTYa.jpg

"@p4psb: While I completely agree with you, the group you are mentioning is not the only group out there. While it's a huge part of a problem the world is facing, it's not the only group out there example - a lot of them can be found in my country and my neighborhood country - I can immediately name more than a few. The problem is, either politicians lack intentions or if they do not, then world does not allow them to. Some countries unfortunately are busy between justifying what is good terrorism and what is bad terrorism, where as there is no good and bad terrorism, it's just terrorism, terrorism which needs to dealt with strong, coordinated and dedicated efforts, which will not happen if some countries or world leaders - not pointing anyone in particular, are busy thinking what is beneficial to them."

Plus some communities who live in countries suffering these attacks, they could do more!

20170524-061207.jpg

British police carry out controlled explosion on device near Manchester Arena

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-security-manchester-controlle-idUSKBN18J02X

https://twitter.com/gmpolice/status/866813662505447424

Paul Harrison @SkyNewsEditor

#breaking #Manchester Controlled explosion takes place in Cathedral Gardens very close to the Arena

5:34 pm - 22 May 2017
1 reply . 14 retweets 7 likes

#Breaking Controlled explosion has now taken place in #Manchester on suspected device/item  

5:33 pm - 22 May 2017

#breaking - reports: controlled explosion expected in 3 to 4 minutes, according to police on the ground in #Manchester

5:29 pm - 22 May 2017

lot going on in manchester

19 hours ago, p4psb said:

I know lots of ISIS terrorists are french, speaking fluently that language too. so I'm not surprised you said that

• DKT27 locked this topic

Archived