ALL YOUR DEVICES CAN BE HACKED

humble3d

ALL YOUR DEVICES CAN BE HACKED  :(

Could someone hack your pacemaker?

Avi Rubin shows how hackers are Compromising cars, smartphones and medical

devices, and warns us about the dangers of an increasingly hack-able world.

Avi Rubin is a professor of computer science and director of the Health and

Medical Security Lab at Johns Hopkins University.

His research is focused on the security of electronic records — including

medical and voting records.

WATCH:

https://www.ted.com/talks/avi_rubin_all_your_devices_can_be_hacked

• Replies 5
  • Views 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is only pure philosophy : if a devices has been secured by someone, for sure,  somewhere else there is somebody else which can reverse the process, because it is simple : any device has been invented by the people, not by the aliens.

Yes, devices are crackable : we should know that and we need to concentrate to find ways regarding decreasing the risks . That is it.....:P

straycat19

Devices can be hacked because people are lazy and good security requires extra steps to be taken when logging into something besides a simple login ID and password.  The use of hardware keys and two factor authentication require more work on a users part.  We force our users to use an RSA key that gives them a one-time code that is only good for a minute and if they haven't logged in by then they have to get a new code.   I get called a lot of names but no one has hacked our network in the 18 years I have had this job.

48 minutes ago, straycat19 said:

I get called a lot of names but no one has hacked our network in the 18 years I have had this job.

Go try to sell that too some naive person  ,you are trying too tell us you're works security is better than the  Governments and the richest companies  in the world who have all the money in the world at there disposal and they been hacked  time and time again. No wonder you get called names  you always act like you must prove you're better than everyone else   who are you trying to impress a bunch of user names  you don't really know and you can;t  even pin a face to most of us  if you tried ?

All Companies Have Been Hacked--Even if They Don't Know It

https://www.thestreet.com/story/13927497/1/all-companies-have-been-hacked-even-if-they-don-t-know-it.html

See businesses dug themselves into a pit they really can't get out of and it gets worse everyday and it's called storing info online were hackers can get into . Now someone like me I don't put my real info online so if they hack me they get nothing  of any real value. But I still know I could be hacked. So it's  hard for me to chew that you're work  has better security than the whole world.  They could of been someone at you're work that  some government is watching and they hacked in and you don't even know it . They could have direct access to you're network  right now . That is what a 0day is something that only the hacker that deploy  knows about. Don't  try to tell me you have the cure for 0 day exploits. :P

25 minutes ago, steven36 said:

...  But I still know I could be hacked.

Knowing I can be fooled is

the best protection there is

[from being fooled.]

Knowing I can be hacked is

the best protection there is.

[the rest are mere details.]   :flowers:

Ive not had been hacked and had anything of any value took from me since the early 2000s I do know that much  and it was OK i just made a new one but the reason I was hacked was because I was signed in too a multi billion dollar teach giants services . But I don't know  if I been hacked since and they just couldn't  find anything worth taking . Things has changed since old days,  now days they hack 1000s  and  you want even know it. In the old days they done it for fun and if they hacked you they change you're password and things were you never be able too get the account back .

This was back before people even had a idea that not only were we dealing with blackhats  but we were  also dealing with state hackers . The governments use too really not  have too hack no one at all before encryption all they needed was permission  to monitor the sites and everyone said every thing in plain sight the whole Internet was naive too it  tell just a few years ago Only you know about hacking that gets reported  in the media  there  is lots that go on that never comes out or may  come out years from now. like the Yahoo hackings etc . It just like  Eternal Blue  it was  0 day for over 5 years and used by state hackers . By now they have something new . The internet is so vulnerable that Eternal Blue reeked the most havoc  after it was no longer a 0day and had a patch for  3 months .

Eternal Blue allowed access into Windows meaning NSA  had a backdoor in most all networks for 5 years and no one ever knew so  you don't know  if you was hacked or not! And I'm sure they have a stockpile of many other exploits that can do the same thing we don't know about.

The whole time everyone was on the internet saying the NSA did this Snowden said that the NSA was busy hacking us all and still no one really knows who they used  it on so there is no way you know if you been hacked or not. :P

Archived