nsane.forums
clubhouse

Star Trek: Discovery

clubhouse

Looks like I'll be going back to Netflix this autumn!   Just on Now TV and Amazon prime atm.

Edited by clubhouse

Alanon

:blink::blink:

I don't know how I managed to miss this!

It certainly seems interesting, though I'm already seeing substantial shifts in overall tone and atmosphere. It looks as if Netflix wanted to give it a more mature spin. Honestly, I'm not really sure if that's good or bad.

shorty6100

Unfortunately, it won't be on Netflix in the US. Supposedly, the first episode will be on CBS free TV-after that, on CBS All-Access. I don't think I'm going to pay 8 bucks a month just for this. I'll find another way to watch it.

jtmulc

Why does a show set before Kirk and Spock look more advanced than Next Gen?

lurch234

Started watching that show and what they have done with the Klingons is a big fail IMO. The way they talk is pretty lame and borderline annoying.

And when you look at their profile they look a lot like the Engineers from Alien movie.

Kerry4444

I’m not paying 8 bucks a month for all access. I’ll just buy it when they sell the Whole season on Blu-ray.

alvinblah
On 10/10/2017 at 8:35 PM, lurch234 said:

...and when you look at their profile they look a lot like the Engineers from Alien movie.

Ah jeeze, now I can't un-see that. I never noticed that before, but you're right! 

Katzenfreund

There was the first, legendary Star Trek. Whatever they did after that, be it TV sequels or movies, doesn't match its appeal or the strength of its characters.