ExtraTorrent Goes Down for More than 24 Hours

CrAKeN

extratorrent-goes-down-for-more-than-24-

ExtraTorrent goes down for extended period of time

One of the most popular torrent sites in the world, ExtraTorrent, has gone down some 24 hours ago and hasn't resurfaced since. It is unclear at this point what the reasons behind the downtime are. 

The site has millions of daily visitors and is the second-largest torrent site following The Pirate Bay. Despite its popularity, admins seem to be unable to get the site back up again.

When trying to access the site, a Cloudflare notification displays, indicating the site's servers are down. The site's Facebook page sheds no light on the situation, either, as the last post dates back from April. One of the posts there, however, sends people to various mirror sites, all of which are also down.

TorrentFreak reports that the only possible explanation for the site's downtime is a technical problem, especially since the site's domain names are operating normally. The servers, however, seem to be the problem. ExtraImage, the associated image hosting site, is also up and running as per usual.

While the site may be down, release groups related to the site are operating, while distributions groups such as EtHD and ettv are releasing their pirated content via The Pirate Bay instead.

A history of issues

It wouldn't be the first time ExtraTorrent has had issues. Back at the beginning of March, ExtraTorrent's main domain was shut down by the registrar. While ExtraTorrent.cc was the main domain, the site has plenty of those for backup. It only lasted a couple of days before ExtraTorrent regained control over the domain, however.

The site has also been the target of DDoS attacks in the past, which is only natural given the site's popularity and size.

When we know more, we'll update with the latest information, whether good or bad.

Source

• Replies 19
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In case anyone's not noticed, it's up again. Phew! :)

ever since i stumbled upon it two years ago it has been my go 2 place for everything pirate-related

i hope they live 4ever :D

7 hours ago, Marik said:

ever since i stumbled upon it two years ago it has been my go 2 place for everything pirate-related

i hope they live 4ever :D

I stumbled across it in like 2011 or 2012 because I seen there releases on some other sites,  so I looked it up it use too better than it is now .  But  with a lot of sites closing and  opening back up it's one of the few that's never been down very long , as soon as it's  gets closed down for a month or two everybody will jump ship to somewhere else most public p2p  users don't have a bit of loyalty. lol

I know i don't have no l loyalty  i hardly ever p2p any more I get all my releases from filehost  and I never miss one release  but  i'm glad you do p2p because you still helps me get releases ..

write2vivek86

it was just like the end of movies download, glad to see it is fine.

write2vivek86

totally heart moving....:(

10 hours ago, nIGHT said:

First NYAA then now extratorrent :(

but as opposed to ET, Nyaa is reborn https://nyaa.si/

will miss those mofos T-T

7 hours ago, Rok said:

Any other equivalent site to extratorrent for Hindi movies?!

Already answered your query here.

3 hours ago, Marik said:

but as opposed to ET, Nyaa is reborn https://nyaa.si/

will miss those mofos T-T

You are right.

• 3 months later...
Wilson Drake

ExtraTorrent may have shutdown permanently, but one may find various alternatives to ExtraTorrent if they wish to explore. 

These are very responsive plus with huge amount of data. 

• 1337x has a library full of torrents flowing with the latest and most popular media content. 1337x is blocked by search engines in some countries and as a result new users cannot find the website.
  • The Torrent Project serves as a torrent search engine website that gathers searches from more than 300 torrent websites. It handpicks the best torrent from the internet.
  • If you need verified torrents, then there is no better place than Torlock which has tons of verified torrent to download. It includes movies, TV shows, music videos, and torrents from other genre.

A lot of alternatives could be found pertaining to your need https://www.kodivpn.co/extratorrent-alternatives/ 

You might need VPN for Torlock I guess, have not used it though. 

1 hour ago, Wilson Drake said:

ExtraTorrent may have shutdown permanently, but one may find various alternatives to ExtraTorrent if they wish to explore. 

These are very responsive plus with huge amount of data. 

• 1337x has a library full of torrents flowing with the latest and most popular media content. 1337x is blocked by search engines in some countries and as a result new users cannot find the website.
  • The Torrent Project serves as a torrent search engine website that gathers searches from more than 300 torrent websites. It handpicks the best torrent from the internet.
  • If you need verified torrents, then there is no better place than Torlock which has tons of verified torrent to download. It includes movies, TV shows, music videos, and torrents from other genre.

A lot of alternatives could be found pertaining to your need https://www.kodivpn.co/extratorrent-alternatives/ 

You might need VPN for Torlock I guess, have not used it though. 

There's a new domain of ET.

https://extratorrent.ag/ is the successor and replacement of the site ExtraTorrent.cc.

24 minutes ago, Phantomboxe said:

There's a new domain of ET.

https://extratorrent.ag/ is the successor and replacement of the site ExtraTorrent.cc.

Not a successor or replacement  per se but it just another ET-frontend with releases from other sites...mainly TPB or 1337x. This is another site from the same guys behind YTS.ag !! Proof is tha whenever you look for profiles of ET mods or other VIP uppers...there's no profiles !!

Archived