I wouldnt install KB4019264 yet!!!!

Holmes

I installed the KB4019264 windows update on my windows seven professional sixty four bit computer then I couldnt access my internet explorer history each time I tried to access it the browser would crash.  I have uninstalled the update and unchecked it from my updates.

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How you know that update make your internet explorer crash? And why not using others browser? Internet explorer is really stupid!

1 hour ago, Holmes said:

I installed the KB4019264 windows update

this update patched  26 vulnerabilities of which 4 are rated critical, and 22 important in Windows 7 and 10 vulnerabilities, 2 critical, 6 important, 2 moderate in IE 11 . You be better off too use another browser like Error0101 said .

My update on Windows 8.1 went fine  only thing that changed was this when I checked IE

https://www.ghacks.net/2017/05/10/restore-internet-explorers-old-new-tab-page/

I just told it to switch back too the old style when it ask  and it did.

I wasnt experiencing the problem before installing windows updates installed windows updates looked at which ones affected internet explorer eleven and that one did uninstalled it now i can access my internet explorer history now.  I do use different browsers I use firefox and google chrome I was using opera then they copied google and decided to use chromium and stopped using presto and then opera got shitty.

straycat19
10 hours ago, Holmes said:

I wasnt experiencing the problem before installing windows updates installed windows updates looked at which ones affected internet explorer eleven and that one did uninstalled it now i can access my internet explorer history now.  I do use different browsers I use firefox and google chrome I was using opera then they copied google and decided to use chromium and stopped using presto and then opera got shitty.

Doesn't anyone ever wonder, why, after 35 years of windows, Microsoft still has to issue monthly security and update patches?  Is it because it is impossible to 'fix' windows or because every update and fix breaks something else?  Does anyone wonder why a system installed with a Windows 7 SP1 setup and never updated can be kept secure and malware free without all the problems reported on the various sites since that was released?  To borrow a narrative from the Bible, update begat update begat update begat update, and forever so forth and so on.  As many people have learned over the years with all software, updates don't necessarily improve a product, sometimes they remove the things we like most or make a change that makes the software unusable on our systems now.  This is true for all products, which is why a lot of companies use older versions of software, including operating systems.  So yes I believe the update trashed your IE and I, for one, take your word for it.  Only an uninformed, uneducated, no-nothing windows user, would doubt that something bad happened after an update, because those of us who have lived with windows since 1983 know that things like this are par for the course.

2 hours ago, straycat19 said:

Doesn't anyone ever wonder, why, after 35 years of windows, Microsoft still has to issue monthly security and update patches?

No I always wonder why they dont release faster , On Linux i get patches pretty soon after anything is found and FYI patch Tuesday did not start tell windows 98 (18years ago).  Microsoft  would of never got 1.5 billion users  if updates really messed up many peoples PCs. But when you have that many people chances are  someone will have problems but that dont mean that the next person even uses that something so  bugs never effects everyone .

People turning off updates was really unheard of before unless they was pirates  and  Microsoft was sending out stuff in a update too kill activation . It was not tell Windows 10 came out and started trying force upgrade did some normal users start turning off auto updates . Even if they did send  out a bad update  they was sending out patches and it was very easy to uninstall 1  update  that went wrong tell it was fixed, it never was a reason to turn updates off  tell windows 10. Now they ruin all windows updates by sending out cumulative updates on all OS. This means that you're exposed too patched exploits if you have too uninstall a update. 

One thing you need too remember there has never been a prefect OS , there all man made there not Gods  and man is full of flaws and so is everything they ever made. In a prefect world we could just snap our fingers and  there would be no problems but this is not reality .You know why windows 10 pissed so many off it was the same 2 people who was over Microsoft  for years and years and people trusted them and now  this new CEO came along who don't care about the consumer and broke there heart because all he cares about is money and getting ahead . Same with Ubuntu they don't care about consumers anymore they only reason they still make desktops is because of developers.   :P 

I did updates every month since 2001 with very little problems .Anyone that tells people not too do security updates the 1st thing comes too my mind do they want too see people get hacked ?  If no one ever patched  nothing it sure would make state and blackhat hackers jobs much more easier wouldn't it? I  can only go by my own experience with updates and were I had very little problems I can't help but question people motives . When I had most of my problems with windows was not security updates it was major upgrades or changing OS.

Microsoft loves people who don't do updates  on old OS too them you're just one less person they don't have too support.. If you don't do updates you may as well had just stayed on Windows XP  because most people who left XP who were not fans  left it so they could keep getting updates .

Microsoft has done proved they rather not give you updates by blacklisting New Hardware from getting updates if you're not  on Windows 10. So if you don't do updates Microsoft has already won some years before Windows 7 stops getting updates. You thank they want too have to support you for 10 years? Even on Linux a LTS release is just 5 years.

If everybody thought like you Microsoft would have it made they could just make a OS and never do updates tell they released a new OS  and give you 0 support because really they just want you're  $100 or $200 for there software. I tell you what for a  $100 or $200 you would be lucky if I would fool with you for a few hours much less 10 years ! A lot of us have made more than the cost of windows for a few hours work if you're lucky enough to live somewhere were they pay well if you have any kind of skills and in a hurry to get a job done.   :P  :)

This is me hitting the like button on stevethirtysix's post.

With that said I wish they never did cumulative updates.  I am not going to stop installing windows updates unless they stop supporting the operating system and stop issuing them.  To be honest this is the first update that has caused a problem on one of my computers I have been installing cumulative updates everytime there available.  There is no guarantee that any windows update is going to work with any computer cumulative updates or single updates it doesnt matter there is always a chance for failure somewhere.  I have always been shocked at seeing gaming consoles getting released and them working so well then again there is always that chance remember the video of that xbox catching on fire.  Consoles get updates to wouldnt surprise me if they got updates faster then windows unless you have a console like playstation two I cant install update on it if I bought a playstation three they did design that to receive updates.  They should put windows patches through the same testing as game consoles because I think game consoles get taken care of better  I could be wrong thats just what I think.

Archived