Front Page Downloads - Please for the love of god - ban non-PC software from appearing

stylemessiah

I don't see no mobile apps on the front page?  It ran by the staff here  a normal  member  can't post on the front page. I only see mobile apps in the mobile section of the board .  when I post Linux apps I post them in software archives  because it has no section and I always putt for Linux in the title so you don't get confused .  It's easy too get confused  if you read Recent Topics  and end up in the mobile section  so a Icon would  not be a bad idea or make them post for what OS it's for over there.

Most the time i just visit  the section i'm interested in  because I leave for hours and come back so I don't even see a lot of stuff posted in Recent Topics . Front Page  software  don't  even be in the Recent Topics at all.

• Replies 28
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
stylemessiah
12 hours ago, clubhouse said:

He doesn't like mobile apps and maybe mobile news, we've learnt something, nothing important, but he needed to vent...Job done, and the world happily spins on.

I think your post about a poll on having a poll should have a poll.

When youre done trolling like a 13yo....trying to get cheap laughs...

I love mobile apps, im very active on XDA, but nsane is not mobilism (or XDA).....simple, people do not come here for mobile apps...simple

People are lazily reposting stuff from mobilsim here,....the mods should ban this and very easily clear up the latest community activity sidebar, which is, again, today, overloaded with reposts from mobilism

People whinging about any move "killing off" nsane need to realise that far more people are sick of seeing mobile links clogging stuff up.....

When peopel come here they very soon look at the latest community activity sidebar for a useful quick snapshot fo whats going on...a high percentage look at downloads there, if its full of mobile apps, then its not truly representing nsane...simple

Its HIGHLY annoying and totally misrepresentative to have that clogged with reposted mobile apps

If you cant realise im trying to help you then im wasting my time.

• Administrator

I must mention, you needed to be a little bit more specific there. Your thread title and post suggest you are talking about mobile apps on frontpage listing which is confusing to hear as we have no mobile exclusive listing on FP yet. But it seems you are talking about mobile apps in forums. Then after some information, I understand you are speaking about mobile threads appearing on FP.

Thing is, we cannot stop members from contributing. If a member is mass-posting without trying softwares / apps individually then we can request the member to follow the Guidelines and Templates and post only things after testing them. Which, from what I can understand, our respected mobile apps poster does so. More so, from what I can understand, some of the fixes are made by himself, which makes it even better.

Another thing I would like to mention is that there is not just one site which brings mobile apps to the world, there are many of them, some of them makes fixes and then those fixes are posted on the site you are mentioning.

Honestly, yes, the mobile sections of the forums have not took off as much as they should, but I will let you know my experience, I have found many great apps and also their fixes via our own Mobile Software Updates section. In addition to that, even Mobile News and Mobile Mania has some helpful things.

The inclusion of mobile sections on the forums was a decision by the staff and was also decided at the top level, it was done after a lot of consideration. We love desktop and we know it's not going anywhere unlike what some want us to think, but mobile too has become part of almost everyone's day to day usage and we have no intentions to remove any of it.

Mobile apps is a section that is used and undoubtedly appreciated by many members. I myself can't say I make much use of it because I have tended to subscribe to the few apps I do use namely adguard and greenify....I don't pay any attention to the sidebars as they only give a very limited glimpse  into recent posts, instead I go directly to the sections that usually have something of interest to me. Of those I don't I see any reason for me to take exception to, I simply don't look, there is nothing accept maybe political or religious opinions for people to get upset about on nsane and the latter two are usually nipped in the bud if they get out of hand.

Archived