Solidfiles is closing down.

MKVlover

Bye Bye Solidfiles.

Good bye!

You are receiving this e-mail because you are an active user of Solidfiles.

After almost 10 years, the end has finally come. Due to declining revenues from advertisers, it's sadly no longer economically viable for us to keep running Solidfiles. Over the past year, we've tried to take measures to keep the site running, but it has unfortunately not been enough. On May 31, 2017 we'll be shutting down the servers for good.

Make sure to download any files that you want to keep before May 31, 2017!

For our Premium subscribers, we have cancelled all subscriptions and will be issuing partial refunds for any time remaining after May 31st.

It has been a great journey and we hope that you have enjoyed using Solidfiles for all these years.

Regards,
The Solidfiles Team

• Replies 19
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JimmySvert

Damn!!! That's bad news. Didn't know they were 10 years on the cyberlocker market.

Advertiser

...It may be that some collaborator sooner or later give life to an host site equally valid

21 hours ago, pc71520 said:

One more, down...:(

The fate of all!   :mellow:

9 minutes ago, pc71520 said:

Sooner or later...:(

When in such excellent company --

company of the entire universe --

why a gloomy face?

Rejoice!   :D

On 3/5/2017 at 3:30 PM, adi said:

When in such excellent company --

company of the entire universe --

why a gloomy face?

Rejoice!   :D

As you wish...:sun:

SnakeMasteR

Speeds weren't that great tbh, i remember downloading some stuff linked from here in the past, in memories as one of the slowest free hosters from bunchloads out there and i blocked ads in revenge for slow downloads. Multiply with 100000 and there you go.

Won't miss.

• Administrator
On 7/5/2017 at 5:04 AM, n0_risk! said:

Speeds weren't that great tbh, i remember downloading some stuff linked from here in the past, in memories as one of the slowest free hosters from bunchloads out there and i blocked ads in revenge for slow downloads. Multiply with 100000 and there you go.

Won't miss.

In a test done by the nsane staff, yes we did them, we found it's speeds to be among the best, in addition to that, from what I know, it offered no money for downloads, which was good too. The only problem we had with this host was that one had to disable their adblockers to use it.

SnakeMasteR
13 hours ago, DKT27 said:

In a test done by the nsane staff, yes we did them, we found it's speeds to be among the best, in addition to that, from what I know, it offered no money for downloads, which was good too. The only problem we had with this host was that one had to disable their adblockers to use it.

That is probably similar to Zippyshare or Openload, works great for most people in Europe and is a PITA for lots of others. Aside from the ads, i rarely got more than 50kb/s from them around 3 years ago, similar to what Uploaded offers to free users up to this date and i never disable any adblockers to download.

Did they limit download speed like UploadRocket does once an adblocker has been detected? That would be the only explanation to me.

• Administrator
9 hours ago, n0_risk! said:

That is probably similar to Zippyshare or Openload, works great for most people in Europe and is a PITA for lots of others. Aside from the ads, i rarely got more than 50kb/s from them around 3 years ago, similar to what Uploaded offers to free users up to this date and i never disable any adblockers to download.

Did they limit download speed like UploadRocket does once an adblocker has been detected? That would be the only explanation to me.

Wait, ZS limits speeds, when did that happen.

The speeds on this was around 6-8 MB/s, read again, 6-8 MB/s, that's how fast it was. But the test was done on a relatively small file, not too big not too small, big enough than most softwares.

It did not limit speeds depending on ads, but instead, downloading from it was somehow impossible until one disabled ablocker, which brought up a lot of ads in new tabs and such. It seems they were still not earning enough though.

VIKTOR PAVEL

i download lots files from solidfiles

in firefox i use ublockorigin + userscripts = never ask me disable my adblocker - no speed limit - no ads - popup automatically kill

in opera i use only ublockorigin = never ask me disable my adblocker - no speed limit - no ads - popup automatically kill

SnakeMasteR

No, not Zippy, Solidfiles (where the topic is about :D) but i know about Zippy not being available for users in certain regions at all, thus they aren't able to download.

Zippy works great for me too, aswell as Openload thru IDM, browser download seems to be heavily limited with the latter (around 2MB/s compared to 10-12MB/s in IDM), i'm still not able to figure out why that one is but it seems to be a common thing.

And there we again come back to Solidfiles, you saying it had great speeds after testing, it really sounds like some Openload related problem i may have had with Solidfiles too back then, if i'm remembering correctly, Solidfiles didn't work out of the box with IDM, so you had to use the special keyboard key to fetch the link into IDM to avoid getting blocked from the server with multiple download attempts per session, so most of the time, i download thru browser being lazy to press a button and that was slow as heck in Comodo Dragon, that is.

Bottom line is, i never used the hoster, only when i had to, i haven't used it once in the last 2 years.

TL:DR I won't miss. :dunno:

• Administrator
13 hours ago, n0_risk! said:

No, not Zippy, Solidfiles (where the topic is about :D) but i know about Zippy not being available for users in certain regions at all, thus they aren't able to download.

Zippy works great for me too, aswell as Openload thru IDM, browser download seems to be heavily limited with the latter (around 2MB/s compared to 10-12MB/s in IDM), i'm still not able to figure out why that one is but it seems to be a common thing.

And there we again come back to Solidfiles, you saying it had great speeds after testing, it really sounds like some Openload related problem i may have had with Solidfiles too back then, if i'm remembering correctly, Solidfiles didn't work out of the box with IDM, so you had to use the special keyboard key to fetch the link into IDM to avoid getting blocked from the server with multiple download attempts per session, so most of the time, i download thru browser being lazy to press a button and that was slow as heck in Comodo Dragon, that is.

Bottom line is, i never used the hoster, only when i had to, i haven't used it once in the last 2 years.

TL:DR I won't miss. :dunno:

I see. I thought you were talking about speed limit on it rather than regional restrictions. Do you know where is it not available.

In ZS, I used to have same problem as I mentioned for this host, one could not download when the adblocker was on. But I think it was fixed.

No such problems with download managers with this host.

I myself do not download from much file hosts, with exceptions though.

Once soildfiles was a good host  but  they started getting  a lot of ads and when they changed the UI  they started capping speeds  i use a user script that got me around that with a popup blocker on  top of that they only allowed 400 mb files  . It's a wonder zippyshare  is still around since it only allows 200 mb files it's  hard to compete because most file host allow up too 1gb for free user upload .

Openload  is canvas fingerprinting  while CanvasBlocker  in Firefox is working to get around it  Canvas Defender in Chrome cant  get around it .  :)

SnakeMasteR

It seems to be a new strategy to downgrade you silently once an adblocker is detected in any shape or form, thus requiring you to either disable the adblocker or find a way to block it's detection and your downgrade, personally, i understand free hosters living off of ads need you to view them ads in order to keep offering you a free service, they need to make some money from the ads in order to pay their bills, i'm totally fine with that and i understand that, it's not rocket science but since there never seems to be any form of quality control or simply validity and given green clean status (i guess that's almost impossible given the many ad-networks out there), i have a big fear that without any adblocker, your computer sooner or later becomes a invaded ad-fest and that is where i value my current clean and working browser-setup over the free hosting-offering. Make no mistake, there are ads and then there are these nasty hijackers, invaders, backdoors, ugly stuff requiring you to do a lot of manual cleanup in order to fix it again and sadly, most of the free hosters don't care about you experiencing that. It made me unconcerned.

• 2 weeks later...
Solidfiles is staying online!

After our previous announcement a lot of you reached out wanting to help, and we really appreciate that. We are very happy to say that we are now optimistic about keeping Solidfiles online. We are very sorry for panicking you with the previous announcement and we'll make sure to never do so again.

In order to show you how sorry we are, these actions are being taken:
  • Increased the download speed limit for free users and guests.
  • 60 days of FREE trial if you sign up for Premium!
  • If you were a Premium user before, we will give you 60 days of bonus Premium time for FREE. Simply click here to reactivate your Premium membership (with 60 days free!)
  • We are currently not deleting any inactive files, even for free users.
  • We have reduced the amount of advertisements across the board and cleaned them up. Please let us know if you see any inappropriate or disturbing ads.
  • New exciting Premium features are being launched soon. Don't miss out, sign up for your free trial and stay tuned!

We welcome you back to using Solidfiles, and once again, please forgive us for the previous announcement.

Archived