[Biometrics] Windows Ten (10) Pro

LeeSmithG

LeeSmithG

Been using Windows Ten (10) pro for a short while now and have finally accepted it working how I want it to, except a couple of items, cheesing me off!

Biometrics, is the problem.

I get the error, ''To use this product, Windows Biometric Framework must be enabled. Windows 10.'' when trying to install, Protector Suite 2012 v5.9.7.7279 x64.

I have run services.msc and disabled Windows biometrics, also run, and enabled biometrics in templates.

I have read various opinions on-line, all similar to my ways of trying to run this application and still not working.

Any ideas?

• Replies 2
  • Views 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thry this

You may enable biometric functionality from group policy, refer to the following steps.a. Press the key, Windows + R.
b. Type gpedit.msc and press enter.
c. Select the option Administrator template and Windows Component.
d. Select the option Biometric and change the settings accordingly.

hope it helps

straycat19

Not to insult your intelligence but to clarify what you have done.

1.  You enabled Windows Biometric Service and set it as Automatic to start.

2.  You ran gpedit.msc and under Template/Windows Components/Biometrics you enabled 'Allow use of Biometric' and 'Allow users to logon using Biometrics.'

3.  Did you get a copy of biocpl.dll from Windows 7 System32 folder?  Doesn't make any difference whether your Windows is 32 or 64 bit.  Put that dll in your windows 10 System32 folder and register it with  Regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\biocpl.dll

4.  Make sure you have the latest driver for your sensor installed.

5.  Install Protector Suite 2012.

Archived