Mouse advice

mclaren85

Hello Nsaners,

I'm desperate and need your help. I've been using Microsoft Arc touch mouse for 5 years until last week. It's broken now and I replaced it with cheap Logitech M185. But unfortunately, the new cheap mouse is uncontrollable or too shaky. I can't explain it very well but controlling is very difficult.

Since the arc mouse is way much expensive, could you give me a good and relatively cheap mouse advice?

My old mouse and new one:

3c37438c-72bd-4445-9ad0-f718dffdf7c5.jpg

22.png

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always used Logitech mice, always good. What I've been using for about ten years now (I do not remember the model, however very simple)

I've used the Logitech M325 laptop mouse for maybe 4 years.  Wore out the wheel on one at maybe 1.5 yrs and they sent me a free replacement.   I remember it was hard initially to get used to, because the sensor is offset I think. It was 10 or 15 us dollars at a box store for a blue one, others were about double priced at retail.

10 minutes ago, mikie said:

sensor is offset

Excellent catch. Maybe that's why I'm getting difficulties with my new mouse. The sensor is located in the right side.

@mclaren85 I'm not an expert when it comes to hardware but when buying/choosing mouse I chose something that is at or above 800 dpi.(so it's not tiring on the wrist to move around) and it has multiple dpi settings like 800/1600/2400/4000. It has a high polling rate (so it's not not laggy) if possible like at above 500 return rate or data report (preferably at 1000), or at or below 1KHz polling rate (preferably at 250-500hz) so that data reporting will be at 1ms to 0,5ms.

Here's mine Satechi Edge

35 minutes ago, saeed_dc said:

said it's got the best sensor on the market

Its really good but the price is too much. And Microsoft seems better to me.

If you are right handed than have a look at this one:  logitech M500  The only reason I bought a new one was because the pads became worn out since I'm not using a mouse pad.

Not only does my hand rests comfortably on it but its rubberized contour makes it easy to move around.

Logitech G403 Prodigy Wireless/Wired or what user saeed_dc recomended. These have the best sensors. Don`t look for something else. Use in combination with SteelSeries SteelPad QcK Black or Logitech G240 v2.

mclaren85

I've repaird my old Microsoft 3000 mouse. Even this old Microsoft mouse is way better than Logitech M185

26-105-042-17.jpg

4 hours ago, mclaren85 said:

I've repaird my old Microsoft 3000 mouse. Even this old Microsoft mouse is way better than Logitech M185

26-105-042-17.jpg

Good for you buddy!

You save money there!

I will do the same thing if I can still repair it.

mclaren85

@nIGHT It was not clicking properly, I had to press it firmly. After opening the mouse , I gently pull of the switches and clean it. Result is perfect:

88664.jpg

Bass-Bot-sealed-tact-switch.jpg

First theory, try to reassemble it again. It might have been "caught on something" that restrict it from functioning properly. Look for something broken, a "nudge" or a part that is something misplaced or out-of-place that keeps contact a little off of the clicker of your mouse. Probably, the roller axle might be the culprit. It might not have been attached properly. Try clicking it without the mouse casing. If nothing wrong with the clicker then the casing might have a problem. If nothing wrong with the casing of the mouse then the way it's been assemble might cause the problem.

Second theory, the contact point separator, the circular "bulge" aluminum that is red squared on the left of your picture, might have already been worn out or "flatten out". Look for other similar parts from other damaged mouse.

10 hours ago, mclaren85 said:

Bass-Bot-sealed-tact-switch.jpg

Third theory, you replaced, re-soldered a new incompatible size clicker for your mouse from parts of a different mouse model/brand. If you can "trim" or re-sized this then could solve your problem or look for other similar parts from a damaged mouse.

Archived