ESET Activation Backup/Restore

Skylar

Hello guys!

can someone tell me please how to backup my ESET activation data on Windows 10 x64?

i oftenly reset my computer to its original state using Macrium Reflect System Recovery but everytime i have to re-activate ESET Internet Security

btw. i have version 9 installed and i don't want to install TNOD!

speaking about versions and TNOD, is there any noticeable benefits if i install ESET version 10 and TNOD?

i'm asking cause if i do so, backup activation is no more needed (TNOD can activate ESET automatically)

THANKS in advance!!!

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
stylemessiah

If youve got a legal copy, you have to reactivate with username and password, theres no way to backup "activation"

Cant help with the cracked stuff, i dont use it....i use Avast Free and have for years, never had a  virus.

All the PC's i build/fix if they dont have an AV installed get Avast Free.

Those that have current paid AV, close to expiry, get Avast Free, unless the owner is determined to throw money at an AV company

Especially on built PC's it makes life easier for the owner, they dont get an AV that will expire, which they then forget/ignore re-subscribing when it expires..like the

brand name PC's install....most AV infections happen in my experience (over 30 years in IT) when people buy a new PC, use the OEM trial installed AV and then forget/ignore subscribing.

Install a good Free AV, problem solved. First thgn i do when someone brings me a new PC to setup for them is uninstall all the OEM bloat and trial AV and install Avast Free

As i point out to people, why people still pay for AV is beyond me in this day and age......personally i havent paid for an AV in over a decade, and im still here, and i go to way less safe

places n the internet than end users do...

Thanks for the reply @stylemessiah .

i also never paid for an AV!

Honestly, i used Avast Pro 5 years ago but i wasn't satisfied with the high amount of false positives. it was too picky and was blocking even some files i know they're safe.

i never tried a recent version. i'll install the free version you suggested on one of my pcs and see if its fine...

Archived