Microsoft rolls out Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview build 15207 to Fast ring

CrAKeN

1492619903_windows-10-mobile-insider-pre

Last week, Microsoft rolled out Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview build 15205 to the Fast ring. 15205 was the second build to emerge from the new 'feature2' development branch, after Microsoft split development of its Mobile OS from the main Redstone 3 branch, which is currently available to PCs.

Today, Microsoft released Windows 10 Mobile build 15207 to the Fast ring, but there's not a great deal to get excited about. Windows Insider Program chief Dona Sarkar described it as "exactly the same as Build 15205 released last week but with one additional fix we would like extra coverage on from Insiders":

We have added a privacy page to the Windows 10 Mobile OOBE and upgrade experiences that allows you to quickly and effectively make common privacy changes while setting up the device. However, Insiders have reported that their device would crash or reboot shortly after unlocking their device for the first time after the upgrade if their device did not have a password configured to unlock the device. After updating to Build 15207, you will see this privacy page one more time – but should no longer experience a crash or reboot.

As with the previous feature2 releases, build 15207 is only available to the 13 Windows 10 Mobile handsets that Microsoft is now supporting on the Insider Program. The same 13 devices will be the only ones eligible to upgrade to the new Windows 10 Mobile Creators Update, which will begin rolling out tomorrow.

Source

• Replies 4
  • Views 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they should just give up on win10 mobile...and buy android,... then we can see how long it takes them to royally screw it up

Win10 mobile is an excellent OS. Works great, good on battery and you can easily stop apps, unlike android.

7 hours ago, p4psb said:

Win10 mobile is an excellent OS. Works great, good on battery and you can easily stop apps, unlike android.

Not so sure I agree. I have a Lumia 950xl but it regularly has issues. Combine that with the woeful lack of apps and sadly the next phone I buy will be Android.

I hope I am not tempting fate, but both our 640s have been excellent. With regular updates (unlike many Androids) and the apps that I use are also updated regularly. It is also easy to use alongside my PC, so no hassle there.

I agree about the lack of apps, but that depends on individual needs. The apps that I need are all available on Windows Phone so I am fine.

Would not like to return to Android myself.

Archived