Had nsane forums been down for several days?

vitorio

• Replies 37
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, vitorio said:

Is it me or nsane forums had been down foe several days?

Yes, nsaneforums has been down for at least 3-4 days.....in my case

yes database or another problem on server 

we can make Teamspeak or Discord community    when this happen again

26 minutes ago, kasper said:

we can make Teamspeak or Discord community    when this happen again

I am in favor of Teamspeak, always. Systems are not perfect and may be down for whatever reason. The important thing is to reinstall/fix them as soon as possible and try to prevent the same cause in the future.

• Administrator

Thread moved to Site / Forum Feedback.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. Due to personal reasons I was not able to check forums properly and had thought that the issue was fixed, not knowing that the forums were not working again.

Turns out, what might be an bug in an relatively important back side feature, was causing server disk to overload, which caused this problem. Shought fixed the issue by clearing that extra space, but that problem overloaded the disk again - that is why the forums were back for a day but stopped working again, so shought finally had to disable that feature, since then, the forums are back working here.

2 hours ago, DKT27 said:

Turns out, what might be an bug in an relatively important back side feature, was causing server disk to overload, which caused this problem. Shought fixed the issue by clearing that extra space, but that problem overloaded the disk again - that is why the forums were back for a day but stopped working again, so shought finally had to disable that feature, since then, the forums are back working here.

Back in the late 80's and early 90's, software that filled a drive up with useless data was called a virus, now you just call it a bug.  And instead of using the popular program back then to clean viruses, which was McAfee, you just disabled the feature.  Amazing how things change.

i lost half of my blood waiting for the working server. i can't live without nsaneforums

21 hours ago, Karamjit Lal said:

i lost half of my blood waiting for the working server. i can't live without nsaneforums

My thoughts exactly.

For me the forum was just up a few hours and then went out again. im justglad its back, skrew that extra feature.

1 hour ago, Chancer said:
1 hour ago, Chancer said:

Seems MDL was down at the same time. Coincidence?

Nope...

MDL case: forums software upgrade...

9 hours ago, WALLONN7 said:

Nope...

MDL case: forums software upgrade...

Some upgrade. Won't let me login now!

• Administrator
On 24/4/2017 at 1:07 AM, straycat19 said:

Back in the late 80's and early 90's, software that filled a drive up with useless data was called a virus, now you just call it a bug.  And instead of using the popular program back then to clean viruses, which was McAfee, you just disabled the feature.  Amazing how things change.

Well, it looks like a bug for sure. :P No really, rest assured, it's not any type of malware.

The reason I have not mentioned the specifics is due to security reasons.

Again I must insist, it's not any type of malware but looks like a bug here.

• Administrator

Different problem this time. No problem on the server itself.

Cannot reveal anything more due to security reasons.

Shought was actively looking into it so no announcement was made on FB or Twitter.

Depending on whether we continue to face this issue, we might or might not have similar problems again here.

Wonder if would be a good idea to install that plugin in order not to use the forum if you have any adblock installed : maybe more money will be earned to pay for better services.

That should not mean annoying advertisments , to remain how it was until now....

Archived