Microsoft Confirms Bluetooth Issues in Windows 10 Creators Update

CrAKeN

microsoft-confirms-bluetooth-issues-in-w

This is the Bluetooth troubleshooter in Windows 10 Creators Update

Microsoft has recently confirmed issues experienced by users with their Bluetooth devices after installing the Windows 10 Creators Update, and the company says that it’s already working on a fix for affected systems.

While little is known about what’s going wrong with Bluetooth in the Windows 10 Creators Update, Microsoft says that it discovered issues with Broadcom and Realtek radio.

Impacted Bluetooth devices, like mice and keyboard, typically take much longer to reconnect than before the install of the Windows 10 Creators Update, while some users are complaining that their accessories lose connection after an idle time.

The troubleshooter should be your first option

The Redmond-based software giant explains that running the Bluetooth troubleshooter in Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot under Find and fix other problems is the first thing everyone impacted by this issue should do, though it’s very clear that nobody expects these troubleshooters to actually make a difference.

“We are aware that some users with Broadcom radios may experience Bluetooth LE device connection issues (while Settings is open) after upgrading to Windows 10 Creators Update. We are working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible,” Microsoft said in one statement, while then confirming at a later time that issues with Realtek radio are also acknowledged.

“If you have a Realtek radio and experience connectivity issues, such as losing your mouse input after an idle period, try running the Bluetooth troubleshooter. The Bluetooth troubleshooter should reconnect your mouse, however you may again lose connectivity the next time your system idles.  We are aware of this issue in the Creators Update, and are working on a fix that will be included in a future driver update.”

For the moment, there’s not much you can do right now if your system is hit by the same issues, and in case your Bluetooth mouse no longer works, switching to a wired one at least temporarily is the only workaround. There’s no ETA as to when the fix could go live for Creators Update users.

Source

• Replies 23
  • Views 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This upgrade is very buggy !

Friends of mine lost there mouse,while booting , I got various BSODs when cold boot,( Driver IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL ) this happens after upgrade and after clean install ( format C !) also....!!:(

Tested SSD (ok),tested RAM (ok) ,tried again with all USBs and HDDs,webcam etc. pulled out of the PC ; no luck .

Who knows more.............?????

13 minutes ago, Pete 12 said:

Friends of mine lost there mouse,while booting , I got various BSODs when cold boot,( Driver IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL ) this happens after upgrade and after clean install ( format C !) also....!!:(

Tested SSD (ok),tested RAM (ok) ,tried again with all USBs and HDDs,webcam etc. pulled out of the PC ; no luck .

Who knows more.............?????

Upgrade path should always be avoided, especially in times when Microsoft tests nothing before delivering its bombs!!!

Clean installation here...
The only complaints I have are the same as when I was an insider; Before the 10 arrive at RTM for the first time... Privacy... Drivers installations and updates without my consent... Glitches... Things that always worked perfectly in previous versions ( Vista, 7, etc ... )
Still testing Creators Update... But it is certain that I will return to 7...
Windows 10 = a lot of headache for little or almost no return!!!

48 minutes ago, Pete 12 said:

If you plan to use windows 10 and update it  very fast you may as well get use to buggy updates there new plain is too release a new update every 6 months this is faster than Ubuntu  witch release a new version every 8 mounts  but the catch 22 is  there is no LTS on windows for the general public like there is  on Ubuntu  with 5 years of updates . It's just going get worse i'm afraid .

Ubuntu seems  too be headed  down the right path  now they dropped making phones  and are going too drop Unity and replace it with Gnome and just focus on making a great desktop . Hell even  AMD has even got  Ubuntu 17.04 (Zesty Zapus)  working on my old hardware with the radeon drivers  I been testing Ubuntu Budgie 17.04 (Zesty Zapus).  so the next LTS release in 2018 looks very promising.

When is Microsoft going too figure it out like Ubuntu did? Making  a universal platform = failure  ..All people want is a stable OS too run there legacy apps . :P

" Windows 10 = a lot of headache for little or almost no return!!! "..................It seems you are blody right !

Have been working for two weeks trying to fix this " nice " (?) upgrade, still no luck , will wait untill it arrives with Win-Upd.   !!  :(

Buy the time you wait around for it too get on Windows updates the next release of windows will be out . It took them almost 3 mouths too update every on too redstone 1  they have been very slow pushing  out updates too resdstone 2 . Windows repair with Dism  is broke every since the preview versions of RS2 so you have too use System File Checker (sfc) . People have problems with some software not being compatible yet and now it has bluetooth  issues . :)

8 minutes ago, Pete 12 said:

" Windows 10 = a lot of headache for little or almost no return!!! "..................It seems you are blody right !

Have been working for two weeks trying to fix this " nice " (?) upgrade, still no luck , will wait untill it arrives with Win-Upd.   !!  :(

It is true that there has been some little progress here and there... But it is far far far far from convincing me that it is something I should use in my daily life...

It is like adopting a dog with homicidal tendencies and having to take every precaution to not be attacked by him every time I have to leave or come home. As much as I like it, it would not be viable...

When people had issues on Redstone 1  you just had too wait for Microsoft too send out a update too fix them ..they claimed  they was going push out small incremental updates every so often and so far since the final release went live on WU  Ive only seen one small security update  .They only have 6 patch Tuesdays now too try too get a release stable before the next release comes out and the focus changes to it . And there not like Linux were they push out stability fixes and security  updates  almost every day you're lucky too get monthly updates at  all on Windows 10 they even postponed them for a whole month not long ago because there updates causes more bugs .

32 minutes ago, Pete 12 said:

" Windows 10 = a lot of headache for little or almost no return!!! "..

10 minutes ago, steven36 said:

When people had issues on Redstone 1  you just had too wait for Microsoft too send out a update too fix them

Windows 10 is beta software, every single f*cking release is nothing but beta-ware.  Users of Windows 10 are nothing more than beta testers, non paid beta testers at that.  Microsoft headed down a road where no one should have to go and they are too stupid to figure it out.  It's like they hypnotized a whole group of people into believing that they had the latest and greatest OS and it is pure hype and junk. I have used every version (though some in just testing) since version 1.03 and even in the absolute worst version ever produced, Windows Me, there weren't half the problems that exist in Windows 10.  I even had it running on my daughter's computer for a couple years without any problems, though I would never have advised anyone to install it.  

Steven is right when he says that Ubuntu has found the path to follow.  There really isn't any reason to stick with windows on any system except for gaming.  It is even cheaper to use Ubuntu because most of the software you need is free.  As more and more people switch to Linux versions then more support will come from the hardware makers in the form of drivers.  I don't think anyone has ever done as much to promote Linux as Microsoft has done with its release of Windows 10.

Today Windows 10 Update assistant worked for me :) after fail several time I tried before ;)

10 minutes ago, steinom said:

Today Windows 10 Update assistant worked for me :) after fail several time I tried before ;)

I am not sure if this is a reason for celebration -- IMHO -- I would stay on 7 and/or 8.1 ;-)

" It took them almost 3 mouths too update every on too redstone 1  they have been very slow pushing  out updates too resdstone 2 . " ................thats good news to me, coz Im not in a hurry for this  "upgrade" at all !!

Have seen it on my PC , only usefull thing I could find is the "screenlight-dimmer" ( you certainly will need it !!) You will lose all your settings and reg-tweaks also !( that hurts !!)

Its just not werth all the pain of reinstalling ...............:rolleyes:

Seems no Windows Insiders use Bluetooth, otherwise they would have reported the bug to Microsoft, who would have fixed it before CU was released.

Microsoft's newish QA experiment fails... again, and users are the victims of the failure... again... :rolleyes:

Looks like we are all the " dummies "  for mr. M$..............

15 hours ago, Pete 12 said:

Looks like we are all the " dummies "  for mr. M$..............

Microsoft's lab rats are free to think what they want to... But "thinking" does not imply fact...

Not all of us, @Pete 12, not all of us...

On 4/23/2017 at 1:05 AM, saeed_dc said:

who uses wireless mouse anyway, some noobs 

hahaha! Me! I know I'm a noob. :lmao:

It's not bluetooth wireless mouse but it is still a wireless mouse. :hehe:

3 hours ago, nIGHT said:

hahaha! Me! I know I'm a noob. :lmao:

It's not bluetooth wireless mouse but it is still a wireless mouse. :hehe:

I was too until recently that switched to a wired one xD

I have a lot of wireless mouse.

I've been using different kinds of wireless mouse from a basic usb 2.5Ghz gaming wireless 4000 dpi mouse with keyboard to WIFI mouse/keyboard using my smartphone.

I still never understand why it makes someone a noob but it is your opinion and I respect it. ;)

I guess I'm a much bigger noob more than I thought I was before and will stay that way for a long time as I love wireless mouse/keyboard. :hehe:

12 hours ago, nIGHT said:

I've been using different kinds of wireless mouse from a basic usb 2.5Ghz gaming wireless 4000 dpi mouse with keyboard to WIFI mouse/keyboard using my smartphone.

I still never understand why it makes someone a noob but it is your opinion and I respect it. ;)

I guess I'm a much bigger noob more than I thought I was before and will stay that way for a long time as I love wireless mouse/keyboard. :hehe:

it's not my opinion, technically speaking, wireless mice have so much delays simply because they are wireless and using batteries, only few new products on the market such as Logitech G900 or Razer Ouroboros  have decent polling rate (reports per second) which is 1000, 1ms. there are wired mice with 0.5ms response time. and it's not always about that, it's about skills too but being able to take the shot first before your opponent does is a great thing, isn't it?

another thing is the interference with the wireless signals, wireless phones, WIFI network adapters etc can cause interference with a wireless mouse/keyboard.

Windows 10 Version 1703 April 25, 2017—KB4016240 (OS Build 15063.250) update is out ...I already updated mine but I dont see were they fixed any issues with Bluetooth I use a wireless mouse and I never had any trouble with mine but the batteries run dead  every so often. I also have a spare one witch plugs in with a cord that's new and never  been used ..

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4016240/windows-10-update-kb4016240

6 hours ago, saeed_dc said:

it's not my opinion, technically speaking, wireless mice have so much delays simply because they are wireless and using batteries, only few new products on the market such as Logitech G900 or Razer Ouroboros  have decent polling rate (reports per second) which is 1000, 1ms. there are wired mice with 0.5ms response time. and it's not always about that, it's about skills too but being able to take the shot first before your opponent does is a great thing, isn't it?

another thing is the interference with the wireless signals, wireless phones, WIFI network adapters etc can cause interference with a wireless mouse/keyboard.

You claim the best wireless mouse most polling rate 1000Hz (1ms)?

There (as you said) are for wired mouse with 0.5ms response time?

There must be an error in your post or I didn't get it really.

Mine is

19 hours ago, nIGHT said:

Satechi Edge Wireless Gaming Mouse 800 DPI, 1600 DPI , 2400 DPI , 4000 DPI with 500 to 1K Return Rate

• LED scroll wheel – switch between red, green, purple, and blue
  • 2.4G Wireless receiver range: 98 feet
  • Polling rate: 250Hz-500Hz <- this should be 0.25ms to 0.5ms beating your wired mouse?
  • Resolution: 800/1600/2400/4000 adjustable DPI
  • Specific button functions for Gaming Mode and Video Control Mode – 7 buttons

Satechi.jpg

Here's another wireless mouse 1000 data reports second is 1 ms (details section):

Logitech G700s 910-003584 Rechargeable Gaming Mouse

19 minutes ago, nIGHT said:

You claim the best wireless mouse most polling rate 1000Hz (1ms)?

There (as you said) are for wired mouse with 0.5ms response time?

There must be an error in your post or I didn't get it really.

Mine is

Satechi Edge Wireless Gaming Mouse 800 DPI, 1600 DPI , 2400 DPI , 4000 DPI with 500 to 1K Return Rate

• LED scroll wheel – switch between red, green, purple, and blue
  • 2.4G Wireless receiver range: 98 feet
  • Polling rate: 250Hz-500Hz <- this should be 0.25ms to 0.5ms beating your wired mouse?
  • Resolution: 800/1600/2400/4000 adjustable DPI
  • Specific button functions for Gaming Mode and Video Control Mode – 7 buttons

Satechi.jpg

No dude I didn't say them

ah good for you, i use this

Ah these details really is confusing.

Anyway, I'm not good at reading specs.

As you said, skills also matters.

I don't believe anyone can make different decision every 1ms,

So 500ms to 1 sec is actually quite fine especially just for browsing and remote control desktops or even for normal (nonpro) gaming,

But these wireless mice is capable of attaining 0.25ms to 0.5ms in response time, wireless tech has really advanced.

It's on par with wired tech or even surpassed it. Consider copper wire dsl vs 5G.

But still I love wireless mouse as I move constantly from living room to dinning (I live in a small apartment) using my led tv as my screen,

I need to only carry my mouse and keyboard, or using smartphone as mouse/keyboard if I get really lazy, and not the laptop.

At the office, I usually use remote control app using my smartphone, so I can monitor a lot of things.

And, I don't mind being called a noob, I just can't understand why using wireless mouse makes someone a noob.

I really don't get that point. :(

Archived