ESET Smart Security 10.1.204.0

anuraag

ESET Internet Security offers advanced detection technologies and multi-layered security features. Designed for a low footprint, fast scanning, it packs security features and customization options for consistent and personalized security on- or offline. ESET Internet Security is built on ESET's unique heuristic technology that identifies viruses that have never been seen before. This enables them to protect your computer proactively, in real-time, against new viruses and cyber threats that conventional signature-based antivirus products don't catch. ESET Internet Security has all the same features as ESET NOD32 Antivirus with the addition of parental controls, antispam module, and an intelligent firewall.

Thanks to vissha for the update.

Download

• Replies 30
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Installed and activated great.  I noticed when you right click the system tray icon there is no longer an option to pause protection.

1 hour ago, ajdibi said:

Installed and activated great.  I noticed when you right click the system tray icon there is no longer an option to pause protection.

You are right, now this option is inside configuration, computer protection.

nsanemembrane
13 hours ago, ajdibi said:

I haven't updated in a while. Does trial reset still work? And the other "key" methods?

12 hours ago, NitramX said:

You are right, now this option is inside configuration, computer protection.

Which moron thought it was agood idea ???! Pausing the protections from tray icon was super useful ! Why the f*** did they remove it ?

They probably suspected a lot of people like you  were using PUPS, Cracks at whats-nots and PAUSING PROTECTION was the only way to run these ...

8 hours ago, nsanemembrane said:

I haven't updated in a while. Does trial reset still work? And the other "key" methods?

TNod works just fine for me.  It's all I use now.

Changelog

• Improvements to quarantine

• Reworked  email notification coding options

• Reworked application statuses

• Improvements to Anti-Theft

• WSC handling for PCU updates improved

• New messaging added for WSC registration

Source

8 hours ago, teodz1984 said:

They probably suspected a lot of people like you  were using PUPS, Cracks at whats-nots and PAUSING PROTECTION was the only way to run these ...

That's not the question. First of all I wasn't using the pause protection shortcut for this as you can easily add exception.

Second of all, you can still pause protection, it just needs more stupid clicks in between.

Finally, this is also hindering legit users as it is not linked in anyway to cracks or serial finders/insert tools.

I thought this part of eset died? and moved onto Internet Security? No problem here using the latest Internet Security.

leapinlizards

On Creators update, with this new version of smart or internet security, interactive firewall, even after creating a rule, edge asks for permission to every site it tries to access.  google, bing,, anything,  . and does not remember.

this does not happen with other apps .,.ie firefox.

went back to previous version of eis. no problems.

?

1 hour ago, leapinlizards said:

On Creators update, with this new version of smart or internet security, interactive firewall, even after creating a rule, edge asks for permission to every site it tries to access.  google, bing,, anything,  . and does not remember.

?

Same problem here...Reported in ESET forums so they can solve it

TNOD 1.6.1 not work on ESET Internet Security 10.1.204.5! And after run TNOD, on ESET control panel icons stays very small! Please HELP!

New, clean Win10x64 (1703) Eset on this PC install first time.

PS: I tested on one more PC, and the same problem! Can't activate and after run TNOD, on ESET control panel, icons stays very small!

On version 10.0.386.2 and 10.0.390.0, TNOD works fine!

Безымянный.jpg

14 hours ago, leapinlizards said:

?

12 hours ago, BALTAGY said:

Same problem here...Reported in ESET forums so they can solve it

Eset was working fine for me until it did an signature update - but I have the same problem on internet security - best advice for now turn of the firewall.

disable interactive *

• 2 weeks later...
TheEmpathicEar

[I upgraded to this version directly from v9] I noticed that my exclusions were maintained under Antivirus>Basic>Exclusions. i.e. I have an exclusion for a folder, "ESET", where I have my TNod portables and some other stuff. Something is different though. At some point, ESS removed all these portables.

1. Why? And, how can I configure this to stop this "behaviour"?

2. I could not even find the quarantine in this version. ESET seems to have made it much harder to find.

3. Do I need to add some different exclusions? Is there another type of "Scan" at work here that ignores the exclusions I have defined?

[Needless to say this did not happen in v9]

EDIT: I think this happened under "Initial Scan"? Is this just a one time scan? Or, does this matter?

23 minutes ago, TheEmpathicEar said:

[I upgraded to this version directly from v9] I noticed that my exclusions were maintained under Antivirus>Basic>Exclusions. i.e. I have an exclusion for a folder, "ESET", where I have my TNod portables and some other stuff. Something is different though. At some point, ESS removed all these portables.

1. Why? And, how can I configure this to stop this "behaviour"?

2. I could not even find the quarantine in this version. ESET seems to have made it much harder to find.

3. Do I need to add some different exclusions? Is there another type of "Scan" at work here that ignores the exclusions I have defined?

[Needless to say this did not happen in v9]

EDIT: I think this happened under "Initial Scan"? Is this just a one time scan? Or, does this matter?

There's first scan that happen after first update after first install of ESET

Also for the first time after ESET installation exclude what you need then restart your system

Quarantine is in Tools > More Tools > Quarantine

Normally any deleted file should be in quarantine if you don't find it, do a clean install better

TheEmpathicEar

@BALTAGY [et al] 1. Does this "Initial" or First Time scan "ignore" exclusions? 2. And, if so, is there a way to bypass this?

1 minute ago, TheEmpathicEar said:

@BALTAGY [et al] 1. Does this "Initial" or First Time scan "ignore" exclusions? 2. And, if so, is there a way to bypass this?

Sometimes yes it ignore the exclusions, all you have to do is stop it after first update and restart the system, after that exclusions wont be ignored

6 minutes ago, TheEmpathicEar said:

Note that i'm talking about First scan that happen after first time you install ESET and update it, this scan don't happen again, also with v10.1.204 i saw that my exclusions didn't got ignored and didn't need to restart

But not sure about upgrading from v9

TheEmpathicEar

I think that is some needed clarification about the "Initial" [or First Time] Scan. It's better to know it firsthand to try to figure it out the hard way.

• 4 weeks later...

I have just updated my ESET to v10.1.210.0.  I cannot find information about this version online and ESET's site only lets me download v10.1.204.0.

1 hour ago, ajdibi said:

I have just updated my ESET to v10.1.210.0.  I cannot find information about this version online and ESET's site only lets me download v10.1.204.0.

This version will be available via download page next week

TheEmpathicEar
2 hours ago, ajdibi said:

Where did you find this version?

Archived