Hide or Disable Windows Defender Security Center icon in Windows 10 Creators Update Taskbar

steven36

The Windows Defender Security Center icon sits on the right side of your Windows 10 v1703 taskbar, ready to warn you if your PC requires your attention. When all is good, it will display the green check mark on the white shield icon. If something requires your attention, it will display a red cross sign.creators update

ccomcmon6db35f2.jpg

Windows Defender Security Center act as a dashboard for all of your security features, including third-party security to give a clearer view of any risks your PC may face. It’s been specially designed to simplify and unify all the various security settings of Windows in the same place

Disable Windows Defender Security Center taskbar icon

If you do not like looking at the icon for some reason, you could simply drag and drop it in the Hidden icons bin.

But if you want to disable the icon from starting up and displaying in the taskbar, you will have to disable it from the startups.

To do so, right-click on the taskbar and click on Task Manager. Now click on the Startup tab.

0com4mon365c215.jpg

Look for the Windows Defender notification entry. Right-click on it and select Disable.  Restart your computer and you will not see the icon.  You can also use any third-party Startup Manager software to disable this icon or manage your startup programs.

By AnandK@TWC

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/disable-windows-defender-security-center-icon

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice, but it will come back after you make a scan with it............:rolleyes:

btw; I can not find an Windows Defender icon, you know where we can find it ?

1 hour ago, Pete 12 said:

Nice, but it will come back after you make a scan with it............:rolleyes:

It dont come back here because i dont use it  it slows down some my programs from starting up on boot. very bad So i disabled it in the program  , it works very well for me if you  use it looks like you would want the icon in you're tray?, I always keep my av NOD32 icon .in the tray and every other AV i ever used . This tut was not for people who uses  WD there would be no way too disable it any other way without stopping it from working  all together. So what's you're point?

Strange recommendation. Some time ago, they did not shared so stupid suggestions.
I mean the windows club. They were trusted, now for a long time there has been total chaos.

1 hour ago, Kalju said:

Strange recommendation. Some time ago, they did not shared so stupid suggestions.
I mean the windows club. They were trusted, now for a long time there has been total chaos.

Every time you be in a post of mine strange how it gets marked down to one star ? go away troll. I done had this discussion with you once before about marking peoples post down who  didn't do nothing wrong. TWC was not the only site who posted this workaround  i just choose too use there format .I was just trying to help people and you troll my post what a butt hole! so youre point is moot and you called a bunch of sites stupid! 

Other sites with  this work around This is why no good info gets posted here much we just go too the other sites and keep what info we know too our self and just talk about in PMs  because   you're post  get marked down if you share !

http://winaero.com/blog/disable-defender-security-center-tray-icon/

http://www.intowindows.com/remove-windows-defender-security-center-icon-from-system-tray-in-windows-10/

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/disable-windows-defender-security-center-icon

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/11974-hide-show-windows-defender-notification-area-icon-windows-10-a.html

How is it stupid for people who dont use it any way i already have a av i dont  want too be looking at that one too that i disabled the day installed RS2 it was useless  it being in my tray slowing my PC on boot! I already had blocked it with process lasso but it waited too after i booted too shut it down and this works 100% for me. I never used Windows Defender over a few hours in my life . I have read you're post  here before and you use WD  just because you're a fan of  native windows apps dont mean we all are  . I would install Avast free if  I could not find a working NOD32 key before Id use that crap.  Me and another member here was talking about how too disable it  in RS2 because it slowing down our apps on boot a  while back they done it with group policy  but here is a easy way too do it for those who dont have it or just uses another antivirus :P

We dont have nothing in conman that's for sure but it still don't give you the right too mark down my post and troll because we don't . :(

Still no answer ; how to get the WinDef-icon in the Creators-upgrade ?................:(

1 hour ago, Pete 12 said:

how to get the WinDef-icon in the Creators-upgrade ?................:(

You can do it in the Registry:

regedit

Copy an Paste this in the Registry or search:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

In the right window New / string named:

Windows Defender

Doubleklick and paste:

"C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide -runkey

Restart an you`ll see the icon in systray

11 hours ago, Pete 12 said:

Still no answer ; how to get the WinDef-icon in the Creators-upgrade ?................:(

Did You mean shortcut (of course with icon), or You need only icon? If only icon, then it is in in file %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe

or  in %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\EppManifest.dll

Make shortcut icons on desktop

Spoiler

Windows Defender
"%ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe"

icon
%ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
%ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\EppManifest.dll

Quick Scan
"%ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -QuickScan

Full Scan
"%ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -FullScan

Update
"%ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -Update

Update & Quick Scan
"%ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -Update -QuickScan

Update & Full Scan
"%ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -Update -FullScan

or context menu

Spoiler

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\WindowsDefender]
"MUIVerb"="Windows Defender"
"SubCommands"="WD-Open;WD-Settings;WD-Update;WD-Update-QS;WD-QuickScan;WD-FullScan"
"Icon"="%ProgramFiles%\\Windows Defender\\EppManifest.dll"
"Position"="Bottom"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\WD-FullScan]
@="Full Scan"
"icon"="%ProgramFiles%\\Windows Defender\\EppManifest.dll"
"HasLUAShield"=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\WD-FullScan\Command]
@="C:\\Program Files\\Windows Defender\\MSASCui.exe -FullScan"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\WD-Open]
@="Open"
"HasLUAShield"=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\WD-Open\Command]
@="C:\\Program Files\\Windows Defender\\MSASCui.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\WD-QuickScan]
@="Quick Scan"
"HasLUAShield"=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\WD-QuickScan\Command]
@="C:\\Program Files\\Windows Defender\\MSASCui.exe -QuickScan"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\WD-Settings]
@="Settings"
"HasLUAShield"=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\WD-Settings\Command]
@="C:\\Program Files\\Windows Defender\\MSASCui.exe -Settings"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\WD-Update]
@="Update"
"HasLUAShield"=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\WD-Update\Command]
@="C:\\Program Files\\Windows Defender\\MSASCui.exe -Update"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\WD-Update-QS]
@="Update and Quick Scan"
"HasLUAShield"=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\WD-Update-QS\Command]
@="C:\\Program Files\\Windows Defender\\MSASCui.exe -UpdateAndQuickScan"

Ok Kalju, will try your solution ! After upgrade.

Had to roll-back to previous Win10 , coz lost my LifeCam-Cinema ( MS-hardware ! :( ), which is suddenly not compatible anymore, after the upgrade .

Lost my Foxit-PDF printer also, maybe new install will solve it.

This all was reason enough for using a fresh backup................:(

I think that is better to disable Windows firewall before disabling Windows Defender from startup

Archived