Windows 10 Creator & Shadow Defender

Airstream_Bill

Airstream_Bill

This may save someone some time and aggravation.  I have a FRESH install of Windows 10 Creators and it is the only thing installed NO Programs.  Just the Operating System.  I tried to install Shadow Defender and as soon as the computer rebooted Windows went into Recovery Mode.  It could not repair the Operating System Windows Creators Edition.  I reinstalled from an Image file and again tried to install Shadow Defender and the same thing Happened.  Just thought I would pass this experience of mine on.  Good Luck. 

• Replies 22
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, good thing to know !

Hope it will not be the same trouble in final version or Shadow Defender have to correct this.

this happened to me during  Windows 10 Anniversary Update last time, hopefully shadow defender will come up with new compatible version soon.  

did you write to shadowdefender support ? Considering no updates were released since mid 2016, it must be an incompatibility with creator update, let's hope they react quickly with an app update...

Is this program really good ? Does it reduce performance in any way ?

More software will not work on Creators-upgrade................:(

5 hours ago, Pete 12 said:

More software will not work on Creators-upgrade................:(

It is Microsoft's way of saying "Either you're with us or you're not"

or  UPDATE OR DIE...

Every New NEW OS requires that most of your app be updated, or risk being incompatible...

Very critical  with utilities that do defrag, optimize, repartiition, imaging and backup, etc...

So the task of keeping current with several apps keeps IT personnel  on their toes..

Hi,

I installed Shadow Defender prior the Creator Update and no issue occurred while or after the update. Strange.

Airstream_Bill
15 hours ago, tiliarou said:

did you write to shadowdefender support ? Considering no updates were released since mid 2016, it must be an incompatibility with creator update, let's hope they react quickly with an app update...

Is this program really good ? Does it reduce performance in any way ?

Hello! No I never contacted Support.  I have no luck with telling people they have a problem with their product.  I just wait to see if they fix it. YES this is a GOOD Program.  No it does not slow down MY System at all once it has written the files to its Virtual Area.

7 hours ago, teodz1984 said:

Every New NEW OS requires that most of your app be updated, or risk being incompatible...

Not really true i still use a portable launcher from 2007  and NOD32 v8 still works fine in RS2  and i have other old apps. Some apps on RS 2  I fixed by installing older versions of tell they get fixed .I think the last time I used shadow defender was  when i was on XP and  it corrupted my files.. this software have been known to be problematic before just like other softwares are known too be. when they mess with the boot  

Only thing that i was using  I can't get working right is FileMenuTools-portable_v7.0.5  the last freeware version it causes explorer  to hang up but i can live without  the shell extension I'm sure not going pay for  a new version latter on.  Most everything has not been updated for RS2 compatibly yet  and most everything  works . It's  not most apps that become incompatible it's maybe a few    The last time  Windows had bad  incompatibility problems was Windows Vista  and there are still many old apps they dont  make anymore that want run in  Vista -Windows 10 :P 

100% confirmed. I can't believe people who are saying it's not happening lol...

Creators update blue screens on startup with Win10 Creator's Update

PROOF: http://i.imgur.com/B41gIvr.png

If you need to bypass the crash, press F8 and click Disable enforced driver signing.  It's obviously not recommended you continue to run this way though. :-)

hopefully there's a solution soon :(

EDIT: Dev was notified 

Here's response:

Thanks for your feedback. There is a conflict between Shadow Defender and Win10 Creator Update. It will be solved in the next version.

Thanks.
Best regards,
Tony

On 4/7/2017 at 4:04 PM, Airstream_Bill said:

This may save someone some time and aggravation.  I have a FRESH install of Windows 10 Creators and it is the only thing installed NO Programs.  Just the Operating System.  I tried to install Shadow Defender and as soon as the computer rebooted Windows went into Recovery Mode.  It could not repair the Operating System Windows Creators Edition.  I reinstalled from an Image file and again tried to install Shadow Defender and the same thing Happened.  Just thought I would pass this experience of mine on.  Good Luck. 

Quoting you so you can see this. See my post above.

8 hours ago, mymiabear said:

FYI to all of you 

I believe there is a temp fix but it requires disabling check for device signing.

https://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-to-disable-driver-signature-verification-on-64-bit-windows-8.1-so-that-you-can-install-unsigned-drivers/

use bcdedit method to perm disable it. I didn't test it.

I have been using this method for testing for a while now and it works.

bcdedit -set loadoptions ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF

bcdedit  -set  loadoptions  DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit  -set  TESTSIGNING  ON 

fyQATwD.png

Shadow defender working on newest Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16170 with test mode on

AiTsUip.png

Thanks for confirming Bio!

I am concerned that it will decrease security.

I currently run sandboxie and use VMware.  Do you think it's worth using shadow defender?  I love virtualization (testing software) but sometimes it doesn't work in Sandboxie.

After installed in test mode it should still work when turn test mode off at least with all the other unsigned driver that I have test so far.

i'm on mobile right now will test this with test mode off a little later :)

SD still works after test mode was turn off :)

Spoiler

kDlkLod.png

s5ZQFXW.png

D91PS0i.png

lGHWe0M.png

Airstream_Bill

Here is the Reply I just got after reporting problem to Shadow Defender:

Thanks for your feedback. A Windows 10  creator update compatible version will be released soon. please be patient.

Best regards.
Tony

1 minute ago, Airstream_Bill said:

Here is the Reply I just got after reporting problem to Shadow Defender:

Thanks for your feedback. A Windows 10  creator update compatible version will be released soon. please be patient.

Best regards.
Tony

heh see my post above. I'm gonna wait for the new version without turning off drivers.

Airstream_Bill
3 hours ago, mymiabear said:

heh see my post above. I'm gonna wait for the new version without turning off drivers.

That is what I will do also.  Not doing any turning off of anything,  

• 3 months later...

i was thinking of using a sandbox like sd, but now... i need stability not bsod. fukkin microsoft >_<: when is eu gonna sue them?

Archived