Opera Browser Gets Windows 7 Native Look and Feel in Latest Dev Version

vissha

Opera Browser Gets Windows 7 Native Look and Feel in Latest Dev Version

opera-browser-gets-windows-7-native-look

Opera 45 dev receives update with several improvements

The developer version of Opera browser has just received another update that brings several important improvements for users on Windows.

First and foremost, this new version pushes the Reborn overhaul one step further, as it introduces new icons which the development team describes as “more refined and elegant.” Some of these icons change their colors when they are active, and without a doubt, more refinements would be included in future updates.

Additionally, Opera removed the Speed Dial animation effect when hovering the mouse over the tiles, but instead added a new effect when opening the private mode allowing you to browse the web without leaving any traces.

As for Windows 7 users, this update is particularly important because it brings back the OS look and feel, introducing the Aero Glass window frame.

There are obviously plenty of bug fixes, including some other tweaks for the ad blocker, so in case you’re part of the developer channel, there’s no doubt that you should update as soon as possible. On the other hand, stable users should keep in mind that this is just a developer build, so other bugs and issues are likely to be found until Opera 45 hits the production channel.

If you want to give a try to all these improvements, you can always download Opera for LinuxMac, and Windows using this links on Softpedia.

Source

• Replies 3
  • Views 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Opera v45 DEV has a fine feeling on Windows 7, though I should work with it some more time to give a definitive opinion.

Even if it is supposed to be compatible with Windows XP, when I try to run it, notifies me that it will download the Windows XP loader and  then simply won't continue doing anything. Same goes for previus versions 44 and 43.

2 hours ago, luisam said:

Even if it is supposed to be compatible with Windows XP, when I try to run it, notifies me that it will download the Windows XP loader and  then simply won't continue doing anything. Same goes for previus versions 44 and 43.

No, it isn't compatible with XP. Read Opera Announcement here.

1 minute ago, luisam said:

So, SOFTPEDIA states incorrectly that it runs on Windows XP.

By the way, to complete the confusion, as I wrote, when you try to install it, is delievers a message that it will download Windows XP installer!

Last version running XP is Opera 36.

Yes, softpedia was wrong about xp/vista on opera dev d/w page.
If you want to confirm, check this Opera d/w Archive. There is no xp vista installer folder in oper dev.

54 minutes ago, vissha said:

No, it isn't compatible with XP. Read Opera Announcement here.

So, SOFTPEDIA states incorrectly that it runs on Windows XP.

By the way, to complete the confusion, as I wrote, when you try to install it, is delievers a message that it will download Windows XP installer!

Last version running XP is Opera 36.

Archived