Microsoft to Launch Final Windows 10 Creators Update (RS2) RTM ISO This Week

CrAKeN

microsoft-to-launch-final-windows-10-cre

Windows 10 Creators Update is expected to launch on April 11

Windows 10 build 15063 is all but confirmed to be the RTM build of the upcoming Creators Update (internally called Redstone 2), and Microsoft is getting ready to take another big step towards the release of this important OS update for retail users.

This week, the company is expected to publish the official insider ISOs for Windows 10 build 15063, which give users participating in the Windows Insider program the chance to install the RTM version from scratch.

While these are not the ISOs that are aimed at retail users or IT admins who want to automate the deployment of the Creators Update, they do come in handy for testing purposes, especially for organizations that want to see what’s to come in the next OS update.

Creators Update launching on April 11

With Windows 10 build 15063 already available for both the Fast and the Slow rings, it’s only a matter of time until new ISOs arrive, and Dona Sarkar, head of the Windows Insider program, said during the weekend that this week is the target for the release of these OS images.

Typically, Microsoft rolls out new Windows 10 ISOs when builds reach the Slow ring, as they are considered to be stable enough for users enrolled in this ring, but this time Microsoft needed more time, probably to implement additional fixes that are developed as we speak.

As for the public launch of the Creators Update, it’s expected to take place on April 11, but Microsoft is very likely to roll it out gradually, so not everyone will get it on day 1.

On the other hand, Microsoft will release the final ISOs for retail users as well, plus updated versions of the Update Assistant and the Media Creation Tool, which both will provide a more automated way of downloading and installing the Creators Update without waiting.

An announcement from Microsoft is expected anytime soon and the final insider ISOs should go live in just a few days, so we’ll keep you posted as soon as more details are provided.

twitter.png

https://twitter.com/itsmichaelwest/status/844967502937554945

Source

• Replies 1
  • Views 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still not even seen no cumulative updates yet like back when i tested RS1 before it came out.  RS1 was like 2 cumulative updates a month except for Feb  they delayed updates for a whole month because of they found bugs then they released updates again and people are plagued with bugs  with native windows apps . It took them months too get it were it  would install OK  with people who had game drives plugged in . . Maybe we will get a update this week before  it release? who knows .  I still got one more PC too upgrade but waiting for the ISOs . Because I already have it on my testing PC  so i know what to expect . :)

Archived