Windows 10 Creators Update (Redstone 2) Upgrade Tool Leaked

CrAKeN

windows-10-creators-update-redstone-2-up

The Update Assistant now supports the Creators Update too

Microsoft’s official tool supposed to help Windows 10 users upgrade to the Creators Update is now available for download from a Microsoft server, even though the company is yet to officially announce it.

Spotted by Microsoft watcher @h0x0d, the application is called Windows 10 Update Assistant (direct download link) and has been around since the company first launched the original version of the operating system (and then used for the Anniversary Update as well).

The Update Assistant was developed with the simple goal of preparing systems for the upgrade to Windows 10, checking for compatibility issues and downloading all necessary bits to start the install.

This is the purpose it embraces for the Creators Update as well, as the Update Assistant can help upgrade a computer to Redstone 2, once again by performing a series of checks supposed to help users determine whether any issues could be experienced at the end of the install or not.

To be announced on April 11

The Update Assistant was developed as a wizard, and it only takes a few seconds to complete the setup, though downloading the Creators Update does take some time, obviously because the OS image is quite large. The app automatically checks your installed applications to look for any compatibility issues that might arise after the update, but also the available disk space to make sure there’s enough storage to download and deploy the OS.

Most likely, Microsoft will officially unveil the new Update Assistant on the Windows 10 Creators Update release date which, according to reports, should take place on April 11.

The RTM build has already been shipped to insiders as build 15063, though Microsoft is yet to confirm this, and the company is now working on giving the update the very last refinements before the launch.

Given that the Creators Update could launch on a Patch Tuesday, a large cumulative update is also expected on April 11 to bring all the last-minute fixes and improvements that Microsoft put together between the RTM release date for insiders and the retail public debut.

Source

• Replies 20
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They don't want to do it for Enterprise LTSB 2016 :tooth:

lfUN5sb.png

In log if open in temp folder you see lines where is tool download and Enterprise LTSB version not existed... for upgrade to LTSB version need other channel :) but this channel I hope be leak next days...

2 minutes ago, psyko666 said:

Doesn't work for Enterprise too..

Yes, work for for Core, Pro and SL, but for Edu if some have this version maybe confirm for work or not.

i recive an error can't update, error 0x80072f76

i'm the only one!?

btw instal this version i will bacame an insider!?

11 minutes ago, eurotrash said:

They were already running. Stopped and restarted them both.. no change. Completely disabled firewall, bypassed router, uninstalled Avira, used a fresh hosts file, made sure all update related services were running... notta. Guess I'll just wait until it's "officially" out.

6 minutes ago, spudboy said:

They were already running. Stopped and restarted them both.. no change. Completely disabled firewall, bypassed router, uninstalled Avira, used a fresh hosts file, made sure all update related services were running... notta. Guess I'll just wait until it's "officially" out.

Sorry I couldn't help.:(

Akaneharuka

I got error 0x80072f76 when I try to update windows 10 pro 64 bits too

but my problem was fix by using windows update troblem shooting download from Microsoft website

3 hours ago, Nick89 said:

i just download the iso and do a clean installation

Where are you getting the RTM iso from?

3 hours ago, Akaneharuka said:

I got error 0x80072f76 when I try to update windows 10 pro 64 bits too

but my problem was fix by using windows update troblem shooting download from Microsoft website

Doesn't fix it for me. I get no errors found at all when running the Windows Update Troubleshooter.

2 hours ago, spudboy said:

I get the same error on Win10 Pro x64. None of the solutions at that link fix it.

it dont work yet tell they turn it on  you will have install it some other way i already have RS2 ,  this post was just something walking cat spotted  in the wild it never worked to install windows 10 yet it just tells you you dont have the latest version yet  that you need the version im on  or if you have RS2 already  it will tell you you're up to date. .

2 hours ago, steven36 said:

it dont work yet tell they turn it on  you will have install it some other way i already have RS2 ,  this post was just something walking cat spotted  in the wild it never worked to install windows 10 yet it just tells you you dont have the latest version yet  that you need the version im on  or if you have RS2 already  it will tell you you're up to date. .

Thanks for this. Will save a lot of people a headache.

5 hours ago, Nick89 said:

i send u a DM

Can you send me a DM too? 

I got error 0x80072f76 as well. Win10 Pro x64 :(

11 hours ago, mymiabear said:

Can you send me a DM too? 

I got error 0x80072f76 as well. Win10 Pro x64 :(

Already posted here by november_ra1n.

On undefined at 2:57 PM, spudboy said:

Thanks for this. Will save a lot of people a headache.

You can test it now   i read hear it's working now?

Windows 10 Creators Update now available via Update Assistant too

https://mspoweruser.com/windows-10-creators-update-now-available-via-update-assistant-tool/

Archived