[Solved] Updates not working - MalwareBytes 3.0.6.1469

nsan3

Everything was all good until today morning. Out of the blue , updates started erroring. Appreciate all the help guys, cheers.

No Updates.PNG

• Replies 48
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@nsan3Not just u. Many have the same issue. Please check latest threads in forums here. I think there is a new version coming up. Or it might be maintenance downtime.

knowledge-Spammer
6 minutes ago, nsan3 said:

@knowledgeSadly no its still not working :( But thank you for the suggestion.

i think it something to do with host ?

i download new  updates and seems fine for me

Spoiler

MGxRXEz.png

1 minute ago, knowledge said:

i think it something to do with host ?

i download new  updates and seems fine for me

Hide contents

MGxRXEz.png

Oh is it. I placed the lkg_db folder in -> C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\lkg_db

And then tried to update the definitions, but its not working. Could you pls share the lines to be added on the hosts file. It was working perfectly well this last night :(

Just checked on MalwareBytes 2.2.1 which is on my VM, the updates are working without any issues.

Its the MB 3.0.6 that is giving headaches now.

5 minutes ago, nsan3 said:

Just checked on MalwareBytes 2.2.1 which is on my VM, the updates are working without any issues.

Its the MB 3.0.6 that is giving headaches now.

Malwarebytes Staff mentioned just now:
https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/198157-malwarebytes-unable-to-check-for-updates/#comment-1111063

Hence, please wait until fixed. Don't try anything stupid as suggested by others.

33 minutes ago, vissha said:

anything stupid as suggested by others

:tehe:

14 hours ago, nsan3 said:

Oh is it. I placed the lkg_db folder in -> C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\lkg_db

And then tried to update the definitions, but its not working. Could you pls share the lines to be added on the hosts file. It was working perfectly well this last night :(

You have my sympathy nsan3...I went through more than a week of trying to get MBam 3 to install and work...sometimes it worked and updated for a day, then it wouldn't update and kept giving me "unable to connect with database server. I tried all the fixes, patches and lines added to Hosts file but nothing worked. I had BSOD various times...I was doing clean with CCleaner-uninstall-reboot-clean install, and I did clean with MBam cleanup tool-clean with CCleaner-reboot-install, and I tried Safe Mode. I tried going back to version 2.2.1...still wouldn't update. Finally, after falling into a deep depression and sitting on my window ledge ready to jump, I decided to do a clean install of the Corporate version that a good guy on NsANE recommended...I installed it a few weeks ago and it has worked perfectly since alongside MBam Anti Exploit. I'm going to leave it for as long as it takes for MBam to get a truly stable bug free version 3 out. I recommend that you search Nsane for the post and link for the Corporate version and install it. Good luck.:D:D:D

@nsan3
Update: Now, Malwarebytes staff is asking for logs as in here to all victims. Also, mentioned in a comment that if using FSecure, then exclude MBAM folder from FSecure scan.

7 hours ago, funkyy said:

You have my sympathy nsan3...I went through more than a week of trying to get MBam 3 to install and work...sometimes it wotrked and updated for a day, then it wouldn't update and kept giving me "unable to connect with database server. I tried all the fixes, patches and lines added to Hosts file but nothing worked. I had BSOD various times...I was doing clean with CCleaner-uninstall-reboot-clean install, and I did clean with MBam cleanup tool-clean with CCleaner-reboot-install, and I tried Safe Mode. I tried going back to version 2.2.1...still wouldn't update. Finally, after falling into a deep depression and sitting on my window ledge ready to jump, I decided to do a clean install of the Corporate version that a good guy on NsANE recommended...I installed it a few weeks ago and it has worked perfectly since alongside MBam Anti Exploit. I'm going to leave it for as long as it takes for MBam to get a truly stable bug free version 3 out. I recommend that you search Nsane for the post and link for the Corporate version and install it. Good luck.:D:D:D

Same here buddy, have gone back to MAB 2.2.1 with no update issues. Waiting for a bug-free MAB 3.0.

7 hours ago, vissha said:

@nsan3
Update: Now, Malwarebytes staff is asking for logs as in here to all victims. Also, mentioned in a comment that if using FSecure, then exclude MBAM folder from FSecure scan.

@visshaHope they get MAB 3.0 working like before. Might be that the product was pushed out to production without much needed UAT/Smoke testing I guess. Have been hearing a lot of bugs on MAB 3.0 lately.

Update - Fix:

Please follow the fix posted here:
In short:

1. [Optional]After following steps to log as mentioned above, Step 6 and then Step 7 & 8.
  2. Now, Please do a a check for updates and ensure you're on Update Package 1.0.1562 or later, and then reboot your system

There was an issue with an earlier update which caused some systems to get stuck in the odd update state. To fully recover, the reboot is necessary.

Now, it'll work as in here:

2017_03_22_3.gif&key=717abfa582813d078f0

If the update package is lower than specified above, try to update or reinstall and then update - you'll get the new one. Updates for Package works good now. Only other updates are stuck in reboot. Then follow the steps above.

@nsan3: Once resolved, please make changes to topic as [Solved]

@visshaThanks a bunch for the update, am currently away from my PC now. Would update the topic as soon as am back on my PC and check the fix out.

Just had a small doubt by the way, what should I do if indeed my Update Package is lower than 1.0.1562?? Is there a way to manually update the package to  1.0.1562 or later (since the auto updates are not working)?? Thanks buddy.

Pls can someone help me in the updating package. Mine is currently at 1.0.1394, so my update is still failing :(

3 minutes ago, nol said:

If you delete the hostblock you can update.

You mean to update the hosts file? Could you elaborate a bit on this, am pretty novice about all this thanks.

If you have block Mbam with  (0.0.0.0 keystone.mwbsys.com) in the hostfile you can not update,remove it ,you can update.

9 minutes ago, nol said:

If you have block Mbam with  (0.0.0.0 keystone.mwbsys.com) in the hostfile you can not update,remove it ,you can update.

Doing that did fix the update issue, but it removed the Premium License and made MBAM back into Trial :(

1 hour ago, nsan3 said:

Pls can someone help me in the updating package. Mine is currently at 1.0.1394, so my update is still failing :(

This is the reason I said not to follow stupidity from most other suggestions here. You should've kept it the same way since that morning it was updated and you need not think about being out of date.

Tip: What you can do is clean install the old build of 3.0.x and then application updates and normal updates. Hope it updates the update package. Then reboot and everything's fine.
Or clean install of latest version[signed March 1, 2017] and update + reboot.

@nsan3: Pls revert back after trying out.

@vissha I have done the following steps:-

1) Installed Kegen_URET - Pre-insert Key

2) Installed MBAM_3.0.6 (mb3-setup-consumer-3.0.6.1469-1075.exe)

3) Clicked on Update, its still not working. (Update Package is 1.0.1394, its not updating)

50 minutes ago, nsan3 said:

@vissha I have done the following steps:-

1) Installed Kegen_URET - Pre-insert Key

2) Installed MBAM_3.0.6 (mb3-setup-consumer-3.0.6.1469-1075.exe)

3) Clicked on Update, its still not working.

If it is the new one, then try install old build[3.0.5.xxxx or 3.0.6.1469-xxxx] and update. If update is fine, check the update package version and just reboot. You are fine.

FYI: I suggested to use old build version bcoz mb staff mentioned that only earlier update had issue. If you use the older version, you'll be updated to latest update bypassing the buggy update.

Or try installing latest database update from here.

If all fails, wait for answer from malwarebytes or wait for new version build.

Archived