March, 2017 Preview of Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB4012218) No More Windows 7 Updates!

smokeyjoe

March, 2017 Preview of Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB4012218)

This update killed my updates for Windows 7.

I have a Kaby Lake Processor and now I can not get anymore Windows updates.

Is there any work around for this?

Thank you

No More Windows 7 Updates2222222.jpg

No More Windows 7 Updates 222222222.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blame Microsoft for that as they decided that Win7 and Win 8 will not be supported on Kaby Lake processors. Only Win10 support.

Its over.  damn them ms thinkers.  but its not all about the money ?  is it is it really

@smokeyjoe

I can't say that it'll work, but I imagine you'll need to:

1. Reset Windows Update
  2. Disable Windows Update permanently ( aka "do not search for updates automatically" )
  3. Download updates manually through the Microsoft Catalog
  4. Disable your internet connection always before installing each monthly group of them
  5. And so on...

Or you can do as I did: disable Windows Update permanently now and live peacefully with what you have ( in my case: I did this after the September 2016 updates )!!!

Or even give in to the cowardly imposition of Microsoft and embrace the best  test Windows forever!!!

Please read:

:excl: And finally, one advice: do not install preview version of something that when "stable" already gives many headaches!!!

19 minutes ago, WALLONN7 said:

Or even give in to the cowardly imposition of Microsoft and embrace the best  test Windows forever!!!

I'd rather be staked over an ant nest. (Which probably contains fewer bugs than Windows ROT10 and its flaky updates). :)

3 minutes ago, Karlston said:

I'd rather be staked over an ant nest.

Are you a Shaolin?!... :bruce:

Topic suitable here if want discuss about software related problem or any opinion relating about software.

Topic moved from software news forum.

Archived