Uber President Jeff Jones Quits, Joins Long List of Departing Execs

CrAKeN

uber-president-jeff-jones-quits-joins-lo

Jeff Jones, Uber president, has announced his leave from the company over its many corporate culture issues. 

Jones, hired some seven months ago, is a marketing expert and he was supposed to help the company soften its image after the many scandals it's been through over the years regarding the questionable corporate culture they let brew, full of sexism and prejudice.

"I joined Uber because of its mission, and the challenge to build global capabilities that would help the company mature and thrive long term. It is now clear, however, that the beliefs and approach to leadership that have guided my career are inconsistent with what I saw and experienced at Uber, and I can no longer continue as president of the ride-sharing business," Jones told Reuters.

His position has been put into question for a while now, especially since earlier this month Uber started looking for a new chief operating officer to help run the company. Jones had been performing some of the COO responsibilities.

Not the only exec to leave this month

Another Uber exec, Brian McClendon, vice president of maps and business platform, also announced that he plans to leave the company at the end of the month to explore politics. He will, however, stay on as an adviser for Uber.

They are just the last of a rather long list of execs that have decided to leave the company. Amit Singhal, engineering executive, left last month due to a sexual harassment allegation dating back to when he was working at Google. Ed Baker, vice president of product and growth, and Charlie Miller, security researcher, also left Uber earlier this month.

Uber has been known to have a rather toxic culture, which has pushed many to leave, both from the higher ranks and the lower ones. Scandals seem to follow the company left and right and there are no signs things are going to change substantially any time soon.

Source

• Views 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived