Recovered notepad text file is gibberish

jayesh30202

jayesh30202

My friend accidentally deleted a notepad text file from his pc...I somehow managed to recover the file using Ease US Data Recovery software....Now the recovered text file is gibberish....So is there a way to turn/convert the gibberish characters into text characters??? How do I change Notepad symbols to readable text??? Please help my dear friends.

• Replies 8
  • Views 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was probably a text file saved in unicode.  You might try opening it with LibreOffice or try recovering any text in it with Microsoft Word's Recover Any  Text function.

jayesh30202
23 minutes ago, straycat19 said:

It was probably a text file saved in unicode.  You might try opening it with LibreOffice or try recovering any text in it with Microsoft Word's Recover Any  Text function.

it doesnt work.......libreoffice and openoffice shows the same gibberish symbols and word's recover any text function does not do anything.

SnakeMasteR

Did you actually check before recovery, that the file you recover has superb health? It doesn't make sense to recover a broken document.

jayesh30202
16 minutes ago, n0_risk! said:

Did you actually check before recovery, that the file you recover has superb health? It doesn't make sense to recover a broken document.

yeah it showed the status as excellent.

knowledge-Spammer

post file  but i have feeling now its gone and cant read it now  this can happen  but if me ill try and recover  useing more then just one program  try with

https://www.piriform.com/recuva

and see if  text get messed up again ?

jayesh30202
5 minutes ago, knowledge said:

post file  but i have feeling now its gone and cant read it now  this can happen  but if me ill try and recover  useing more then just one program  try with

https://www.piriform.com/recuva

and see if  text get messed up again ?

i will try your suggested software boss

knowledge-Spammer
Just now, jayesh30202 said:

i will try your suggested software boss

let me know if help i am sure will help

Archived