Ban for Portable creation

BTJB

Hello guys.

I am using VideoReDo once in a year, that is why I am attempting to make portable version of VideoReDo 5.1.1.719b made with our great ThinApp.
Unfortunately, the output portable version always get error on launch "Error while unpacking program, code c", even on the current Windows OS on which was made.

I tried many tricks and I lost my time. I found in registry section some entry points to system files stored in virtual folders, which files are not included in virtual folders, because they are own by Windows OS. I copied everything to virtual folders as it was described HERE. No luck. Than I found THIS explain, which check your system or something similar, in short they prevent Sanbox.
Is this the end of portable apps? Can someone confirm that this can not be virtualized any more?

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never used VideoReDo but maybe a portable will work if you use Turbo Studio to create it.

ThinApp works fine but it has been superseded by Spoon Studio and now Turbo Studio. I don't know if it will work but perhaps using one of those will provide better results?

.paf Portables do not use any sort of Sandbox or Virtualization technology. So that right there is another option.

56 minutes ago, BTJB said:

Hello guys.

I am using VideoReDo once in a year, that is why I am attempting to make portable version of VideoReDo 5.1.1.719b made with our great ThinApp.
Unfortunately, the output portable version always get error on launch "Error while unpacking program, code c", even on the current Windows OS on which was made.

I tried many tricks and I lost my time. I found in registry section some entry points to system files stored in virtual folders, which files are not included in virtual folders, because they are own by Windows OS. I copied everything to virtual folders as it was described HERE. No luck. Than I found THIS explain, which check your system or something similar, in short they prevent Sanbox.
Is this the end of portable apps? Can someone confirm that this can not be virtualized any more?

Hi, this is not the last version and I haven't tested...

http://nitroflare.com/view/B4E6F42A5223F06/DRD_Systems_VideoReDo_TVSuite_H.264_5.1.1.719b_Portable.rar

but, probably, Dizel or Speedzodiac will update.

5 minutes ago, GlacialMan said:

http://nitroflare.com/view/B4E6F42A5223F06/DRD_Systems_VideoReDo_TVSuite_H.264_5.1.1.719b_Portable.rar

but, probably, Dizel or SpeedZodiac will update.

I have this version. It was made with Cameyo I think. It will leave many traces into HKLM/Software/Classes and also several log files in ProgramData. All other entries are writing and then deleting on exit. This is not fully portable, I can tell this is portable on half.

On ‎5‎.‎3‎.‎2017‎ г. at 11:50 AM, GlacialMan said:

but, probably, Dizel or Speedzodiac will update.

I found the problem. On first launch the application is making unique random generated CLSID entries. They are different on any machine. So, ThinApp is making real "portable" with restriction to prevent outside writing. That is why there is error, because of missing data. I tried Turbo Studio. The program from the shared link is made with Turbo Studio. I made another one too. Portables by Turbo Studio are not real! It allow writing into Registry. In both case we can not make Portable. And I do not know is there method for control CLSID?

On 5/3/2017 at 9:57 AM, BTJB said:

Hello guys.

Try this, if you have some minutes, probably is made with TurboStudio:

DRD Systems VideoReDo TVSuite Classic 5.3.4.748 Portable

http://www.easybytez.com/n72j3c9e999f
http://www.easybytez.com/yksn898qjuva
http://www.easybytez.com/zimnopc7hnb0

@GlacialMan, the latest version can not loadat first time api-ms-win-downlevel-advapi32-l2-1-0.dll, then it give endless errors for Visual C++ Runtime.

Here I have good alternative:

Site: https://sendit.cloud
Sharecode: /hnoawqtbddyu

I will try Cameyo, I hope it will work as sandbox, I remember it allow keys into registry than it should delete all on exit.

@BTJB - Sometimes, portable's makers, doesn't use the apps. For an application like that, not commonly used, the feedbacks are very rare. So, the level of experience and experimentation is very low...

On 3/5/2017 at 6:03 PM, BTJB said:

I have this version. It was made with Cameyo I think. It will leave many traces into HKLM/Software/Classes and also several log files in ProgramData. All other entries are writing and then deleting on exit. This is not fully portable, I can tell this is portable on half.

You can always edit the portable package with Cameyo package editor and make folders, files and registry keys "strictly isolated" meaning  package reads and writes files to virtual FileSystem and Registry. If it's just "isolated" package can read real FileSystem and registry, but writes to virtual FileSystem and registry.

4 hours ago, revant said:

You can always edit the portable package with Cameyo package editor and make folders, files and registry keys "strictly isolated" meaning  package reads and writes files to virtual FileSystem and Registry. If it's just "isolated" package can read real FileSystem and registry, but writes to virtual FileSystem and registry.

I need an option that Portable Maker will make sandbox for some EXE file. When you run the file, it will write different names for different devices. After closing it should delete these generated random records.

4 hours ago, BTJB said:

I need an option that Portable Maker will make sandbox for some EXE file. When you run the file, it will write different names for different devices. After closing it should delete these generated random records.

There's the "Remove traces upon app exit" in advanced tab of package editor. Not sure if that's enough. I think the pro ver can do scripting but am just about to look into turning free to pro. According to manual:

Remove traces upon app exit:
allows deleting traces left by the virtual application when it quits. It is important to understand that while Cameyo's virtual apps leave some internal registry keys and files in a separate place on your machine (called "VOS"), those do not affect the behavior of your system in any way. In fact, Windows does not look into the VOS folders. Cleanup takes place when the last process of an application has finished execution.

·         No cleanup, leave app ready to run (default, fastest):

the virtual application's traces are not removed until the virtual application is removed from the system. Anything written to the repository and registry is left on the system

·         Leave no registry traces (registry changes will be saved in a file):

temporary registry keys are removed each time the virtual application quits. Anything written to the repository is left on the system; registry changes are saved to a file in the repository. Note that the application's registry changes remain persistent (will remain the next time you run the application), because Cameyo saves them into a file named "VirtRegSync.export".

·         Remove all virtual data upon exit (data and settings will be LOST):

if you don't need the application's data to remain persistent, and you're planning to use this application on a public / shared computer, this option may be useful for you. It leaves no traces each time the application quits. Anything written to the repository and registry is deleted from the system.

·         Ask for confirmation before removal:

you will be asked for confirmation for the above cleanup options, each time the application quits. Gives the option to cancel deletion of repository and registry in the event there is something that needs to be rescued from the sandbox before it is deleted.

If you choose the first or second option, subsequent launches of your package should behave like the previous launch.  Using the third option, i.e. allowing the repository and registry to be deleted, will result in each subsequent launch behaving as if run for the first time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2017 at 7:05 AM, BTJB said:

@GlacialMan, the latest version can not loadat first time api-ms-win-downlevel-advapi32-l2-1-0.dll, then it give endless errors for Visual C++ Runtime.

Here I have good alternative:

Site: https://sendit.cloud
Sharecode: /hnoawqtbddyu

I will try Cameyo, I hope it will work as sandbox, I remember it allow keys into registry than it should delete all on exit.

1st of all your thread title is little misleading.. i thought some new rule ther which now ban all portable apps lol

well, i used this soft for few times in past.. yea cant find any good working portable version for it.

the one wat u share.. the 'badboys" .. runs ok.. but not registered :/

hope you got the latest version...working portable..if yes then plz share

On 3/10/2017 at 4:05 AM, GlacialMan said:

classic ? from where you got this classic ?

as by site there only 3 version.

plus, TVSuiteVersion 5 & VideoReDo Pro

• 1 month later...
On 9/3/2017 at 11:35 PM, GlacialMan said:

http://www.easybytez.com/n72j3c9e999f
http://www.easybytez.com/yksn898qjuva
http://www.easybytez.com/zimnopc7hnb0

OMG ?? But it's working ??? There's exist 2 different version. One it's called "plus" and the other it's called "TV Suite Version 5".

I have an old version 5.1.1.719 founded on torrent so many years ago........ this is working ? Full working ?

This old version it's about 120MB... this newest about 300MB...... :(

*EDIT*

Can someone can make a different mirror...... whitout a premium account it's a very slowly mirror this........... thanks.

*EDIT After first use of this version*

Apparently it's started as Registered but the ask for install the trial key it's appears every about 5 minutes................................. all operation apparently it's be slow down........... i don't thinks it's a real portable but i'm not completely sure.

All operation it's not be completed.......... i have tryed to join the 3 mpeg2 files and this crash after 5 minutes and i need to stop the app by task manager........ this programs it's not works.

The "OLD" version.... it's not a portable cracked by CRD remain at today the best version to use........

Archived