ExtraTorrent’s Main Domain Name Shut Down By Registrar

KP333

ExtraTorrent, one of the world's largest torrent indexes, has lost control of its main domain Extratorrent.cc. The domain name has been disconnected by the registrar, which has rendered the site hard to reach. However, it's still accessible through several backups.

extratorrent

With millions of daily visitors ExtraTorrent is the second largest torrent site, trailing only behind The Pirate Bay.

The site’s popularity puts it in the crosshairs of various entertainment industry groups, who put pressure on hosting companies and domain name services to take action.

As a result, ExtraTorrent has now lost control over it primary domain ExtraTorrent.cc. Since this morning the site’s domain has become unreachable around the world, and a whois search reveals that this is due to a “clienthold” status.

This status is set by the domain registrar, Internet BS in this case, and informs the registry not to activate the DNS. As a result, the website in question will be inaccessible.

ExtraTorrent.cc Whois

ETclienthold.png

We have seen this status on suspended domains before. According to ICANN the clienthold tag is uncommon and “usually enacted during legal disputes, non-payment, or when your domain is subject to deletion.”

TorrentFreak reached out to the registrar Internet BS for a comment on the situation, but the company informed us that they can’t reveal any information regarding the domains of their customers to a third party.

It’s likely, however, that the company suspended the domain after complaints from copyright holders. Internet BS previously disconnected   the domain of another torrent site, BitTorrent.pm, fearing that it could be held liable for facilitating copyright infringement.

While ExtraTorrent has now lost its primary domain name, the site is still available through various backup domains such as Extra.to. The site’s operator hasn’t yet responded to our request for comment, but it’s likely that the site will pick an official new domain in the near future.

Source: Torrent Freak

• Replies 17
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a list of all official ExtraTorrent Mirrors  (9nov 2016)

https://extra.to (NEW!)
https://etmirror.com
https://etproxy.com
https://extratorrentonline.com
https://extratorrentlive.com
https://extratorrent.works
https://extratorrent.life (NEW!)
https://extratorrent.one
(NEW!)

Please, don't use any other urls. They are not official and made by hackers to steal your logins and passwords.

The folllowing urls are fake:

extratorrent.tv

extratorrent.bz

extratorrent.me

The following urls don't belong to ExtraTorrent anymore. Please, avoid them too!

extratorrent.rocks

etproxy.top

extratorrent.date

14 hours ago, ck_kent said:

I was automatically redirected to its new domain extra.to.

its so full of ads and scripts and stuff i would have too setup a  special  browser just to use the site , i was able to see it  using IE 11 with no adblocker  but in Slimjet and Firefox with with ad blocking  the pages want even load to many other torrent sites that are less annoying  to fool with that  pile of adware.  No wonder there trying too shut them down they went overkill trying too make money on ads that site is nasty!

I have a list with all the open torrent sites there's 100s  still open wouldn't it be better to use one that's not in the news all the time? :P

7 hours ago, steven36 said:

its so full of ads and scripts

only if u use simple ad blocking methods,im using umatrix which considered to be intermediate along with ublock+scripts...i dont see a single ad/popup in any site i surf ;)

1 hour ago, Xionic said:

only if u use simple ad blocking methods,im using umatrix which considered to be intermediate along with ublock+scripts...i dont see a single ad/popup in any site i surf ;)

ads are not the problem im having  i dont see nothing but a blank page with my adblockers on or off its not rendering in nothing but IE here

original-8eb05d569f12a391ac19a270f424a7b

I figured out the problem it's there using canvas fingerprinting  and if you use canvas fingerprinting block software or fake canvas fingerprint the site dont work the site has anti canvas fingerprinting block . You're being tracked when you go there. have fun with that.

You telling me that i dont use enough stuff when you're not even using enough protection to know there fingerprinting you ?  because I test it in all my browsers and if you use Canvas Defender or CanvasBlocker the site dont work ! :P

<div class="img-container"><canvas width="22" height="22" title="22px × 22px"></canvas></div>

<canvas width="20" height="20" title="20px × 20px"></canvas>

Why do I want to disable that and let them track me when there's sites were I dont have allow JavaScript at all  to download a torrent?

28 minutes ago, 0bin said:

And that is also encrypted js, to don't let people look what they look, am I wrong?... :P

var CryptoJS=CryptoJS

I never had this problem tell here lately  when the changed to this new domain  I use  too go there sometimes  strange thing is it dont do it in there forum only its blocking the pages with torrents. It use too be a good site back around 2012 when it never made the news   I use debird to direct link mostly and i just go to one of the torrent search engines  and grab a torrent and sometimes i get one from rarbg . I hardly ever crank up a torrent client anymore since 2012 even though i have a paid vpn service lol .

3 hours ago, steven36 said:

if you use Canvas Defender or CanvasBlocker the site dont work ! :P

Hmmm,thanks @steven36 for drawing my eye to this..ill up my security and be careful from now on..no wonder this site couldn't beat tpb,btw would it be helpful if I used proxy sites?

On undefined at 10:58 PM, Xionic said:

Hmmm,thanks @steven36 for drawing my eye to this..ill up my security and be careful from now on..no wonder this site couldn't beat tpb,btw would it be helpful if I used proxy sites?

The thing about Juggs and Sam the admins at ET they upload  there releases to many torrent sites so nothing they post there is exclusive that's posted in public,  there releases also be on the private site i belong too as well  . There's many sites were I can keep a site blocked with Noscript also i use policeman , UBO  and a popupblocker , canvas blocker and user scripts , also i  use other tweaks to prevent from being tracked

On sexta-feira, 3 de março de 2017 at 9:29 PM, steven36 said:

I figured out the problem it's there using canvas fingerprinting  and if you use canvas fingerprinting block software or fake canvas fingerprint the site dont work the site has anti canvas fingerprinting block . You're being tracked when you go there. have fun with that.

+1

I removed Extratorrent from my favorites because of the profiling/datamining. You never know who's controlling the site. There are better alternatives out there.

4 hours ago, Pequi said:

+1

I removed Extratorrent from my favorites because of the profiling/datamining. You never know who's controlling the site. There are better alternatives out there.

The advertisers are controlling the site.  the owner love money more then he love his members  But they never cared about there members there the staff have always been ruthless they ban anyone who  say something they dont like.

Just out of curiosity..do u use Windows 10 @steven36  ?

And what other tools do u use to keep your privacy in general..I love to learn

Update March 3:

The clienthold status is gone and it looks like Extratorrent has control over the domain again.

Archived