outlook 2016 password

bruinator

Hi, I forgot my old outlook 2016 password and would like to have access to my emails. How can I change the PW to accomplish this. I want to try this with someone who has done this successfully in the past.   thx

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, bruinator said:

Hi, I forgot my old outlook 2016 password and would like to have access to my emails. How can I change the PW to accomplish this. I want to try this with someone who has done this successfully in the past.   thx

This seems to be a problem with your email account, not Outlook.

You are using Outlook to manage an email account, right ? There is no Outlook password, the password is which you are using to connect to your email account.

So you have to connect to the associated webmail (outlook.com, yahoo.com, enterprise webmail, ...) and process with the reset password link provided on the page.

Hope this help.

Regards.

Since you say Outlook 2016 that must mean you are using the full version of outlook.  The full version of outlook maintains a copy of your email in a file with the extension of .ost which is located in the C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\SOMENAME.ost

There are many free versions of the OST to PST converter available on the internet, just google them.  Once you convert the ost to a pst you can load them back into outlook without using a password or google a pst viewer which will allow you to read the emails. To load the pst file go to file, open, and select the pst file you want to open.

If you need to get your email account password from Outlook you can use either MailPassView from Nirsoft or Outlook Password Decrypter from Security Xploded.

Didn't you ask the same question last year? and it was solved

bruinator

• ViP Member
  •  
  • bruinator
  • ViP
  • vip.gif.b2e6303c9447dc0f566597dc148e8f4f
  • 844 posts
  •  
    Nothing Selected

all set. that worked. thx a bunch

or do you having a spell of amnesia?

Seriously

TS needs to use a password manager , since remembering all those passwords is becoming a chore...

I have done it plenty of times. just head to the outlook.com and click forgot password, then they will give you ways such as using your recover email or phone number or Microsoft account Android app, to reset your password.

Try the Passware Forensic Kit ..If the  password was saved with the computer...

If you have set your passwork not to save on machine, you are s*** out of luck...

You then have to reset your password via outlook.com

Archived