TeraCopy 3.0

anuraag

Unless I missed a setting, the biggest difference I notice is that when I transfer a folder that has 4 fairly large files the bar at the top when transferring only shows the folder but not the files.  Is there a setting to use to get the files to show up when transfering

• Replies 59
  • Views 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is the point of this program.

I am trying to transfer a folder that is 5.44 gb.

I thought I would use TeraCopy three (3).

Said it would take nineteen (19) hours, then down to eight (8) hours, then back to twelve (12).

So I stopped after one half hour.

I decided to use explorer instead and it says it will be finished in ''about one (1) hour''.

So what gives with teracopy three (3)?

On 25/02/2017 at 4:16 PM, steven36 said:

1/.Why?  USB 3.1 Gen 1 is no faster then USB 3.0 

2. You must perter buying a brand new computer upgrade  then that support it happy building if you're talking  about USB 3.1 Gen 2 (Speed up to 10Gbps)

USB 3.1 Gen 1 & Gen 2 explained

https://www.msi.com/blog/usb-3-1-gen1-gen2-explained

steven36 - the above article is ~2 years old and things have changed since that was written, USB 3.1 is available on Mobo's with a speed they claim of 10GB/S - the ASUS Z270 range for example 

https://www.asus.com/Motherboard-Accessory/ThunderboltEX-3/

38 minutes ago, LeeSmithG said:

What is the point of this program.

I am trying to transfer a folder that is 5.44 gb.

I thought I would use TeraCopy three (3).

Said it would take nineteen (19) hours, then down to eight (8) hours, then back to twelve (12).

So I stopped after one half hour.

I decided to use explorer instead and it says it will be finished in ''about one (1) hour''.

So what gives with teracopy three (3)?

Something wrong but depending on what file types are in the Folder - I can move or copy 5.44GB in a minute or so :)

1 hour ago, J.D said:

steven36 - the above article is ~2 years old and things have changed since that was written, USB 3.1 is available on Mobo's with a speed they claim of 10GB/S - the ASUS Z270 range for example 

https://www.asus.com/Motherboard-Accessory/ThunderboltEX-3/

Something wrong but depending on what file types are in the Folder - I can move or copy 5.44GB in a minute or so :)

They are text documents around eighty per-cent (80%), rest are ..doc, .html, .pdf and a few .ico.

1 hour ago, J.D said:

I did not post that to explain the speeds they have no way just it explains that  usb 3.1 gen1  is the same thing as usb 3.0 now   it says Gen 2 has speeds up to  10Gbps so what you talking about ?

o22aDpt.png

Its also posted  here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_3.1

steven36 -

it says Gen 2 has speeds up to  10Gbps so what you talking about ?

OK, my mistake ;)

27 minutes ago, LeeSmithG said:

They are text documents around eighty per-cent (80%), rest are ..doc, .html, .pdf and a few .ico.

aaaaaagh, that accounts for it (as I mentioned further ^^ up) B)

35 minutes ago, J.D said:

steven36 -

OK, my mistake ;)

but it depends on other factors it dont mean you will get that you have to have a processor  that can do that and a 3rd party controller

The first USB 3.1 implementation demonstrated real-world transfer speeds of 7.2 Gbit/s

Never go by what they say  back when they 1st made kabylake they had all this hype about 3.1 gen 2 in the news and it was a flop because Intel still don't support it  they never make a  native controller so you need a 3rd party controller or a  Intel Apple controller..

We expected the 200-series chipsets to feature native support for USB 3.1 10Gbps or maybe even Thunderbolt 3, but no. Instead, motherboard makers will have to add additional chips for those functions.

It dont mater witch company they post a bunch of hype before something is released about it and real world test will prove if  it's true or not ..Most people who game and buy upgrades a lot are very skeptical at what Intel and AMD say in the press .

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone here provide some insight as to why Teracopy is better than Ultracopier (which I've been using)?

• 2 months later...
On undefined at 3:04 PM, appzter said:

Can anyone here provide some insight as to why Teracopy is better than Ultracopier (which I've been using)?

Not very much if you have a working serial Teracopy Pro can also delete files  but you can install fastcopy  and it will add the delete files shell extension for free .. Ultracopier seems to be faster than Teracopy at moving  files . But it has Its downsides.

1. It cant delete files but  Teracopy free can't do this ether

2.  If you are trying overwrite a lot files at once it will only overwrite one file at a time.

3. I find Teracopy free or Ultracopier usable as long as i install fastcopy to  delete files and to replace files in Ultracopier case.

Archived