10 Powerful But Not Yet Promoted Antivirus Providers

tao

10 Powerful But Not Yet Promoted Antivirus Providers To Protect PC, Mac, Android, iPhone, You Probably Haven’t Heard About

The vulnerability of the regular computer user is at an all time high. Not even the strongest of world governments have been able to stay safe from attacks, unauthorized accesses, and data leakages attempted by hackers, malware programs. The big question, then, that every computer and Internet user needs to ask is – is the current breed of famous anti-virus software powerful enough to handle these risks?

Clunky interface, an overwhelming number of options (most of which are not even understood by the users), and exorbitant prices – all these factors render many conventionally popular antivirus programs insufficient and troublesome for users. Thankfully, there are quite a few antivirus solutions that have stayed abreast of the surging security threats and are potent enough to keep computers and networks safe and secure.

Though these programs don’t yet enjoy the stellar brand image and reputation of the popular antivirus brands, they are superb options for modern computer users who believe in quality over hype. Let’s tell you more about these antivirus software packages. In this list, you will find both free antivirus software and premium ones.

Please read more  < here >

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

The first one is a product of my country. I wish it was not such crappy though. Last time I heard about it, they seem to have invested more of their time and money into it's anti-fixing protection rather than the security and protection capabilities of the actual product.

The rest of them are quite famous on our forums too, but yes, not as famous internetwide as others out there.

What ? Powerful ? :lmao:

Nor ever consecrated and promoted brands like Symantec, ESET, Kaspersky, Avira, Bitdefender and some cannot offer enough protection against nowadays threats.......

Most people dont visit security news based sites  the only reason i  know about so much different  security programs is because i been around the warez sites  for some years.  My family would not even know what NOD32 or Kaspersky was even if was not for me suggesting  they buy it  and they have and still do.  Before I told them about them they only knew ones that come pre nstalled in pcs   like Norton.

I dont buy security software ever even though some in my family do ,  Right now i use a free legit key i  got for NOD32  I been using it since 2014 and never had a problem finding a free key  and even if i couldn't  I would not buy it ..I would just switch back to Avast free witch I used for some years before i used NOD32  as far as brands i never heard of  i dont want too  try them.  I started out with AVG  , moved to kaspersky for some years and tested NOD32 some then I moved too Avast for some years then switched to NOD32 in 2014 -present I dont change security software like it's my underwear if it works good for me i stay with it.

Regardless of what  the test say no paid antivirus  has  the lead in the marketshare . AVG Free had it for years then Avast had it ..And now the top ones have been Windows Defender and Avast for years .

The masses are going install what is free  and most people on this site but a few who pays is going use what is free regardless if it's a paid one or not  they will  use cracks or giveaways so fact remains if it was not for warez and giveaways most of these individuals would use free products like the masses do.

I agree, Steven36. I can't remember the last time I bought Security software. Come to think of it, I did buy a lifetime license for MBAM Pro, or whatever you call it now, some years ago. I tried version 3 and hated it. To say it is bloated is an understatement. I still have several legit keys of Webroot. I am perfectly happy with it and hardly know it is there. Once you find something you like and are comfortable with, you tend to stick with it.

• Administrator
30 minutes ago, steven36 said:

Most people dont visit security news based sites  the only reason i  know about so much different  security programs is because i been around the warez sites  for some years.  My family would not even know what NOD32 or Kaspersky was even if was not for me suggesting  they buy it  and they have and still do.  Before I told them about them they only knew ones that come pre nstalled in pcs   like Norton.

I dont buy security software ever even though some in my family do ,  Right now i use a free legit key i  got for NOD32  I been using it since 2014 and never had a problem finding a free key  and even if i couldn't  I would not buy it ..I would just switch back to Avast free witch I used for some years before i used NOD32  as far as brands i never heard of  i dont want too  try them.  I started out with AVG  , moved to kaspersky for some years and tested NOD32 some then I moved too Avast for some years then switched to NOD32 in 2014 -present I dont change security software like it's my underwear if it works good for me i stay with it.

Regardless of what  the test say no paid antivirus  has  the lead in the marketshare . AVG Free had it for years then Avast had it ..And now the top ones have been Windows Defender and Avast for years .

The masses are going install what is free  and most people on this site but a few who pays is going use what is free regardless if it's a paid one or not  they will  use cracks or giveaways so fact remains if it was not for warez and giveaways most of these individuals would use free products like the masses do.

After many years of my computer experience, I came to know about some of the AVs only after my computer got infected. Then came to know about many of them only here.

This is a similar scenario in the Android side I feel. Not on the AV side but paid software as a whole. Many people are missing on good softwares simply because they are paid and not free like some famous ones are I think.

13 minutes ago, shorty6100 said:

I agree, Steven36. I can't remember the last time I bought Security software. Come to think of it, I did buy a lifetime license for MBAM Pro, or whatever you call it now, some years ago. I tried version 3 and hated it. To say it is bloated is an understatement. I still have several legit keys of Webroot. I am perfectly happy with it and hardly know it is there. Once you find something you like and are comfortable with, you tend to stick with it.

I seen some change there Antivirus a lot  they will switch from one giveaway to the next  ..I dont really think its a very good idea haveing to get use too new antivirus software ..Back in the day I had trouble with some of them with BSOD and stuff  you could install some product and fry you're install . For some years I  been happy with what I use very little false positives,  no bsods , Most all antivirus have the same signatures , I'ts according who  finds the malware 1st on who gets the signatures 1st but once it shows up on virus total  most all of them will have it in about 2 days.

57 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

After many years of my computer experience, I came to know about some of the AVs only after my computer got infected.

No one on my network has had any problem in years with this the last one was my nephew and the reason was he had a antivirus were came  in his PC were updates ran out  after he got it fixed the person who fixed it put free avast in it and told him too renew it every year and hes never had a problem since. 

If i work on someones PC who's a friend I will put them free protection in  it's better than them getting infected , fact is most people dont know about sites like these  and i dont want too go back maintaining a paid antivirus fir free on there PC everytime I turn around  . we are the lucky ones a rare bread of users who stumbled across these sites  lol.

I think this is the reason Microsoft  bought giant antispyware and put windows defender in windows 8 or newer is most people dont have sense enough  to do it themselves.  I dont use windows defender but now days many people do not just because its free  some use it because many antivirus  causes problems on windows 10 . But even the last 2 pcs i bought with Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 the vendor installed trialware of another AV and  disabled windows defender. There working against Microsoft this would mess some inexperienced user up like it did my nephew.

I got a friend who got a  reimbursed laptop cheap of windows 7 they want me too  set it up for them  this weekend there going give  me there old  windows 7 laptop for doing it  . Like i need another pc I already have 4 :P

Well, to join in the ruminations:  Had McAfee at work for ever.  Changed to Norton (came per-installed) at home PC.  Ditched it after it found a virus but couldn't clean it.  Change to Avira; kept it for almost a decade; ditched it after the unwanted launcher/connect.  Kaspersky then.  After three/four/five BSODs ditched it.  Webroot SecureAnywhere (that is on family's notebook(s) for almost five years) is now on the main PC also.  Chugging along -- merrily!

[Disclosure: Always installed Avast on non-tech-savy friends' personal computers; less upkeep problems.  Preferred solution: Avira Pro.]

Security is a personal choice and all choices are good!   :)

Enjoy your choice!

Archived