Mediamonkey Taskbar Not Showing Controls on Hover

Knightmare

Recently, I uninstalled Windows 7 Manager because it didn't seem to be working. I restored all of the settings back to default and rebooted. I got the BSOD as Windows was trying to load and had to boot with last known good config settings. Managed to get Windows working again, but I had to reinstall some programs that were complaining about driver issues. I reinstalled all of the programs and they are working, but I noticed that MM is not displaying the controls like it used to whenever I hovered over the icon in the taskbar. I tried an sfc scan but had the same issue. I didn't know which settings to check in windows to correct the issue. I also uninstall MM thru control panel and reinstalled it.

• Replies 5
  • Views 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could be anything other than this, but try rebuilding the iconcache.db file.

For Windows 7:

1. Press Ctrl-Shift-Escape to get the task manager.
2. In the Processes tab, click on explorer.exe and click End Process. You'll get a confirmation dialog. Click "End Process" to confirm.
3. From the File menu (still in the task manager), choose New Task (Run...).
4. Copy/paste/enter the following command in the run box:
Code:
cmd /c del %userprofile%\AppData\Local\IconCache.db /a
5. Open the Run box again with File --> New Task (Run...). This time, enter this command:
Code:
explorer.exe
6. Open the Start Menu and confirm that your icons are fixed now.

Source: https://neosmart.net/wiki/clear-icons-cache/#How_to_clear_the_icons_cache_in_Windows_7

Or use the icon repair option Tweaking.com Windows Repair - nsaneforums

8 hours ago, scarabou said:

Could be anything other than this, but try rebuilding the iconcache.db file.

For Windows 7:

1. Press Ctrl-Shift-Escape to get the task manager.
2. In the Processes tab, click on explorer.exe and click End Process. You'll get a confirmation dialog. Click "End Process" to confirm.
3. From the File menu (still in the task manager), choose New Task (Run...).
4. Copy/paste/enter the following command in the run box:
Code:
cmd /c del %userprofile%\AppData\Local\IconCache.db /a
5. Open the Run box again with File --> New Task (Run...). This time, enter this command:
Code:
explorer.exe
6. Open the Start Menu and confirm that your icons are fixed now.

Source: https://neosmart.net/wiki/clear-icons-cache/#How_to_clear_the_icons_cache_in_Windows_7

Or use the icon repair option Tweaking.com Windows Repair - nsaneforums

Same issue. :(

1 hour ago, Knightmare said:

Same issue. :(

I'm having an issue with the latest release. In my case, the issue is compatibility with some plugins. Disabling the culprit fixed it, but then I decided to revert to & install the previous version which works fine with all my plugins.

6 hours ago, bobsyboy said:

I'm having an issue with the latest release. In my case, the issue is compatibility with some plugins. Disabling the culprit fixed it, but then I decided to revert to & install the previous version which works fine with all my plugins.

I can check when I get home, but I know that after doing the last known configuration setting, some of my settings were set to default, like the sound settings and some visual effects. I think it might be a setting in my case, but it is good to know that it could possibly be the program malfunctioning.

Archived