Microsoft / Skype

Loboron

My information:

I live in Northern Baja California Mexico, I'm using Windows 7 Home on a 64 bit system.

Issue:  I've been using Skype for many years, trouble free until recently. I hadn't been logged onto Skype for about a month and then I needed to call a sick friend in Oregon, USA. When I opened Skype as I usually did, it asked me for my Login and Password (which it had never done before) as the "Keep me Logged in" was checked. I tried to login with my "Saved" password and was rejected repeatedly and finally a prompt opened up and said I need to login with my Microsoft account, and if I didn't have one,, I needed to register.  I registered and tried to open Skype and it wouldn't open... I continued to receive a page from Microsoft that said "So you have lost your e-mail account" ?????? It kept asking me to open another account for my e-mail... which I didn't do as it was working great.

Then I downloaded the latest Skype, from here and from their site.  When it downloads and says installed, I open Skype with the icon and all I ever get is a small box with the name Skype, the box is blank, no login, and the tool bar consists of nothing more than "Close" "How do you want to connect"

I would really like some assistance with this issue, if possible. I've been trying for days to no avail to get it working.  If there's someone who thinks they can solve this issue, I have Team Viewer if you want to connect.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, I just wanted to answer all the possible questions first.

Ron

p.s. One of my concerns is that the original Skype and account has an annual auto-deduct.for my paid subscription.

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • To begin, open the folder % AppData%\Skype (or simply C:\Users\Your username\AppData\Roaming\Skype) and delete everything. NB! Skype need to shut down completely before deleting.
  • Then, try to log in again.
  • If this does not work, go https://web.skype.com and try to log in there.
  • If it also does not work, is really something wrong with yours user name or password.
  • However, when there running, then is an issue in Windows, there is not everything okay.

I uninstalled Skype..... I 'll check your info first and delete if it exist, then I]ll download and install Skype again.... is this OK?

Update: I checked and Skype doesn't exist in my system at this time

Okay... all Skype removed from my computer.... rebooted,  Can I download and try to install it again.... just want to follow instructions... please be patient... lol

This is all I receive  each time I try to login to Skype

You've lost access to your email
The inbox you've been using is no longer available. This can occur when your account is owned by an organization, or when someone else confirms ownership of the email address.
You haven't lost access to the other services you use with your Microsoft account. However, you must choose a new primary alias to continue.

Verify your information
For security purposes, enter the password for the account you're trying to sign in to.
Microsoft account

I don't understand what Microsoft account, if you use Skype name and password.
If You forgot password, you can change it. 
If You really have forgot email, use microsoft account or phone. What the problem. 
Or you have forgotten or lost everything?

And if you're logged in, you can change everything. At first change this weird email what they said, you don't have no more. Then add one more email address and also one phone number. And You will have no more problems.

I never forgot my password, I use the same for almost everything..... I don't have a Microsoft e-mail account, the message I always receive above is when I try and login to Skype, including the link above from https://web.skype.com I have no idea why I get this prompt trying to log into "Skype" This is the issue plaguing me all the time.

When I download and install Skype, all I get is the blank box described in my original post... I can't find a way to contact Microsoft either for help.

17 minutes ago, Kalju said:

I don't understand what Microsoft account, if you use Skype name and password.
If You forgot password, you can change it. 
If You really have forgot email, use microsoft account or phone. What the problem. 
Or you have forgotten or lost everything?

It's funny (not) all I did was try and log into Skype... and then all this???

4 minutes ago, Kalju said:

You said yourself that you can not log in, or did not said?  And I just didn't understood? Just got the wrong idea?

I can not login now.    Originally when I opened the Icon for Skype, it, for the first time asked me for my login and password.... I did so, it was rejected and ever since then this issue has been nagging me.

1 hour ago, Kalju said:

What the problem then is, if You can log in? Is it possible to explain more clearly.

When I login with Skype web.com  all I get is:

You've lost access to your email
The inbox you've been using is no longer available. This can occur when your account is owned by an organization, or when someone else confirms ownership of the email address.
You haven't lost access to the other services you use with your Microsoft account. However, you must choose a new primary alias to continue.

Verify your information
For security purposes, enter the password for the account you're trying to sign in to.
Microsoft account

This has nothing to do with Skype, but it's all I get!!  My e-mail, Outlook 2016 works perfectly.

Hi Ron

It looks like Skype might have encountered a conflict with some other program(s) and/or devices used by Skype. The first thing comes to mind is Skype for Business. If you've Office Pro Plus 2016 running on your machine, please uninstall Skype for Business by using the tutorial appended below and then try logging into Skype again.

If problem persists, try using another machine to log in to Skype with a free account and see what happened.

Regards.

Thanks for the reply and information. I will uninstall Skype for business.

Update:

I've finally been able log onto to web.skype.com/en/

However it keeps asking me to install the Skype plugin, I downloaded it and install it but nothing happens.

Thank you again... I post an update after I uninstall Skype for Business

1 hour ago, Loboron said:

Thanks for the reply and information. I will uninstall Skype for business.

Update:

I've finally been able log onto to web.skype.com/en/

However it keeps asking me to install the Skype plugin, I downloaded it and install it but nothing happens.

Thank you again... I post an update after I uninstall Skype for Business

Skype for Business is not installed, and when I log onto Skype Web, it logs on but asks for the Skype plugin in order to make a call. I've install it, it shows in my programs, but I can't make a call.

Hi Ron

Check that your microphone is plug in and working and then make sure that all other devices used by Skype are configured properly.

Regards.

1 hour ago, vyzzer said:
Hi Ron

Check that your microphone is plug in and working and then make sure that all other devices used by Skype are configured properly.

Regards.

I checked the Mic with Programs - Accessories - Sound recorder-  saved and checked out OK.... Thank you, one less issue.

Update:

I'm close, I can now open and log into Skype online.... I can write and send and receive messages. However I still can't use the voice.... no matter what I do, or have done, When I try to connect to friend on Skype, it prompts me to install the Skype plugin. I have installed it, it shows up in my "Programs and Features" but I continue to receive the "You need to add the Skype Plugin"

Anyone know how to fix or make the Plugin work?

Archived