[Solved] [Processor] Problem,being hammered.

LeeSmithG

The processor in question is an A.M.D. Athlon(tm) II X2 220 Processor, 2.80 ghz.

Alcohol, MailWasher Pro, System and PerMon.exe absolutely hammer the c.p.u. to a point I cannot do anything on the P.C.

I have lowered priority on the mentioned process's and the only way I can write this is to suspend Alcohol and MailWasher Pro.

28083rd.jpg

Any advice is welcome on fixing this problem.

• Replies 15
  • Views 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clearly Mailwasher is the culprit, how many email accounts are you handling?

Also  Mailwasher dows it work on a periodic basis (e.g. every x minutes..)

57 minutes ago, teodz1984 said:

Clearly Mailwasher is the culprit, how many email accounts are you handling?

Also  Mailwasher dows it work on a periodic basis (e.g. every x minutes..)

MailWasher Pro I set it for every thirty (30) minutes.

It always checks at startup.

Alcohol sometimes hits eighty per-cent (80%).

I never had this on my previous PC I barley got more than one per-cent (1%) when idle and virtually zero (0) when checking mail or Alcohol is running.

20 hours ago, teodz1984 said:

try uninstalling alcohol

Yes, that has dawned upon me, however, I need it for the four (4) virtual drives I run.

Try to live without alcohol, it is really possible. Then also the visions disappear and all small green devils disappear automatically. and the CPU is calmer .... 

4 minutes ago, Kalju said:

Try to live without alcohol, it is really possible. Then also the visions disappear and all small green devils disappear automatically. and the CPU is calmer .... 

Alcohol is terrible software, I dumped it years ago.  No one even bothers hacking the crap anymore.  PowerISO, WinISO, or UltraISO will do as much as it does and I have never had a problem with any of them.  Get rid of alcohol and also the drivers that it installs that aren't uninstalled when it is.  Use the trial of Revo Uninstaller Pro to completely uninstall it and use aggressive mode.  Just check what it finds before you delete the files.

10 hours ago, LeeSmithG said:

Yes, that has dawned upon me, however, I need it for the four (4) virtual machines I run.

You can use WinCDEmu instead of Alcohol. It's free, fast and has low footprint.

http://wincdemu.sysprogs.org/

Hello gang.

I fixed the problem.

It was because I was running a naughty version of Alcohol.

I was using a registration file named ''msimg32.dll'' (without quotes).

I did this because the free one from an advent calender would not download.

It works now (the download freebie).

I used to use the free Alcohol but they changed from six (6) virtual drives to two (2).

Thanks for your answers.

Alcohol is using zero (0) c.p.u.

I also have a twenty five per-cent (25%) increase in r.a.m.

What is alcohol doing that other software can't do ? Also in Windows 8 and 10 you can just mount iso by double clicking.

Or do you need emulation for cracked games (miniimage) ? What about Daemon ?

5 minutes ago, tiliarou said:

What is alcohol doing that other software can't do ? Also in Windows 8 and 10 you can just mount iso by double clicking.

Or do you need emulation for cracked games (miniimage) ? What about Daemon ?

I run Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1 and I don't run cracked games.

• Administrator

Thread moved to Software Chat and marked as solved.

Those who know what that software company did to nsane, you guys would probably not use it.

On 19/02/2017 at 11:41 AM, LeeSmithG said:

I run Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1 and I don't run cracked games.

Ok understood, but then what is the specific need of Alhocol ? I mean which features are not included in other virtual drive softwares ? When I say cracked games it can be cracked appz that uses ISO 1:1 copy requiring copy protection emulation.

On ‎20‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 4:05 PM, DKT27 said:

Thread moved to Software Chat and marked as solved.

Those who know what that software company did to nsane, you guys would probably not use it.

What did they do?

I have always used Alcohol, free till they reduced virtual drives from six (6) to two (2).

I only added the .dll to continue registration till I sorted out the advent freebie, which I did eventually.

I am not a software, music or film pirate.

I pay for what I can afford, if I cannot then fine freeware, donationware, postcardware or open source.

If you do then that is your business not mine.

• Administrator
On 22/2/2017 at 5:10 PM, LeeSmithG said:

What did they do?

I have always used Alcohol, free till they reduced virtual drives from six (6) to two (2).

I only added the .dll to continue registration till I sorted out the advent freebie, which I did eventually.

I am not a software, music or film pirate.

I pay for what I can afford, if I cannot then fine freeware, donationware, postcardware or open source.

If you do then that is your business not mine.

For that information, you would have to find posts which were made more than a decade ago. Which is not too easy. All I can tell you it's a company which liked troubling nsane and this site a lot and nsane had to sort it out legally from what I know about it.

Archived