Mozilla-sponsored “Privacy Paradox: Note to self”

Karlston

Privacy remains a thorny problem with no clear solution. I, personally, like to have Gmail scan my mail to snag flights. I don’t mind Cortana. My phone tracks everywhere I go. And I constantly use OK Google. So I’m not a poster child for computer privacy. Still, I understand folks who don’t want all of their data fed into a future General Dynamics overlord. Don’t laugh too hard.

A friend just forwarded an email to me from Mozilla (the Firefox people), suggesting that I take a look at a series of five talks put on by WNYC, the big public radio station for New York City.

They have a great hook:

In today’s world, privacy is less about being alone and more about protecting our identities and information. But if we’re all so concerned about protecting our personal data, why do we regularly give it away to apps, marketers, social media and websites?

That’s the privacy paradox. And it’s time to tackle it.

If you’re interested in pursuing the subject, you might want to venture to the Privacy Paradox site. It’s very well put together – and you might change your mind about privacy.

Or maybe not.

Source: Mozilla-sponsored “Privacy Paradox: Note to self” (AskWoody)

Mozilla-sponsored “Privacy Paradox: Note to self” (AskWoody forums)

• Views 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived