If you’re tired of fighting Skype, check out Amazon’s new Chime

Karlston

I’ve spent years – many years – struggling with Skype. I’ve watched tech-savvy friends crumble into shivering blobs of protoplasm when confronted by Skype bugs that were simply insurmountable.

Amazon wants to better Skype, and it looks like they may actually do it. Amazon Chime supports a mix of video calls (I like it as much as Line), video conferencing, SMS and “content sharing” – think shared files, on a slightly smaller scale than Dropbox. And it works on Windows, MacOS, iOS and Android.

Free for personal use with one-to-one video and voice calls, and an Outlook plugin. (Gmail, please, Amazonians.) You can use your Amazon account, if you like.

Corporate use includes screen sharing, RDP/LogMeIn-style Desktop Controls, and a bunch of additional goodies.

Martin Brinkmann has a good overview on Ghacks. If you’re ready to start (and I’ve already heard from some of you who have), go to the sign up site.

For those of you who love to gripe about Skype (at least 90% of the Skype users I know), give Chime a try and let me know what you think.

Source: If you’re tired of fighting Skype, check out Amazon’s new Chime (AskWoody)

If you’re tired of fighting Skype, check out Amazon’s new Chime (AskWoody forums)

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But Skype has the magic four letter word...FREE!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

What bugs? Surely if there was something you encountered MS would fix it fairly promptly if you submitted it.. Skype is quite mature, can't imagine there's any deal breaking bugs there..

what are the bugs ???   they can create a better skype  without saying bad things about skype

i remenber about 2001 being astounished about skype software.... omg a people can see another people from another continent on the computer without paying any cent more for the call...  amazing free service

Archived