Cannot delete the three dots in a Word document

medp7060

I know this is the wrong place to seek help. But there is no way by searching an answer in the Internet. Anybody knows how to easily remove the three dots in the attached Word document? I cannot select all, then delete them. But that will also delete other contents from which this file was extracted.

Three dots.docx

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guess those three dots are ink annotations.I don't know which version of Word you are running but try this:

File > Info > Check for issues > Inspect document > Inspect.

Wait for the scan to finish then, on the inspection review results, remove the ink annotations.

1 minute ago, Skunk1966 said:

lol your file is a completely blank page without any content

a blank page... with three dots! :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, Skunk1966 said:

nope; I zoomed in to 200% and no dots or anything on that page

I cannot find an explanation for that. :) This is what I see:

Three dots.png

:blink: Quite strange! Even though, I just tried and was able to remove the dots using the "method" I suggested. Let's wait for medp7060 feedback.

A simple way to remove any formatting in a Word document;

Ctrl A to highlight everything

Ctrl C to copy

Open Notepad

Ctrl P to paste into Notepad

Then do the reverse back to a blank document in Word; Ctrl A, Ctrl C, Word, Ctrl P

I just placed my cursor in the upper left hand corner of the page, pressed the left mouse button and dragged it down past the dots to highlight them and hit the delete key...GONE!  I don't see what the problem is.

19 hours ago, scarabou said:

Guess those three dots are ink annotations.I don't know which version of Word you are running but try this:

File > Info > Check for issues > Inspect document > Inspect.

Wait for the scan to finish then, on the inspection review results, remove the ink annotations.

Thanks a lot.  You saved a day for me. Your solution worked perfectly. Since the three dots were in a big document, other suggested solutions can delete the dots but other contents will be removed as well, or will remove the formatting of the document.

This is not a solution. You need to know, what is their cause and then eliminate it. 
But as long as you refuse give any information, even about what the program it is, is not able to help you in any way.

You will need to remove the cause, not the consequence.

Archived