Microsoft Working On Windows 10 “Andromeda” To Compete With Google

steven36

One OS to rule all devices?

original-0924e214a0df9a461ed3d0c8802d72f

Short Bytes: After Windows 10 Composable Shell and Windows 10 Cloud leaks, there are reports regarding Microsoft working on Windows Andromeda. It’s expected to compete directly with Google’s hybrid OS project Andromeda. Microsoft is expected to realize its OneCore operating system dream with Andromeda. While nothing is certain at the moment, Windows Andromeda feature is unlikely to arrive before Redstone 3.

Back in September 2016, we told you that Google is working on a hybrid OS that’s supposed to be a combination of Android and Chrome OS. The project is currently named Andromeda, but there’s no fixed release date.

Now, surprisingly, it has been revealed that Microsoft is also working on a new project called Andromeda. At the moment, we don’t even know how to address it. So, I’ll stick with “Windows Andromeda.”  Moreover, Microsoft aims to do something similar to Google, i.e., build a hybrid OS that provides a similar experience on all devices. This is something that Microsoft has been trying to achieve for a long time.

As reported by MSPU, Windows Andromeda might be a part of something even bigger, i.e., its new Composable Shell. For those who don’t know, it’s a new adaptive shell that’ll allow the Windows OS to adapt to the device.

Looking at the current state of Microsoft’s operating systems on different devices, they do share the universal OneCore, but the company has designed different shells for them. These shells are used by Microsoft for different Windows 10 devices, including PCs, mobile, Xbox, HoloLens, IoT, etc.

Windows Andromeda is expected to improve and extend the capabilities of Windows 10 Continuum. It’ll get advanced features like toast notifications, resizable windows, PC-like complete taskbar, and other polished components.

About the name Windows Andromeda, I think Microsoft is going to change it. It’s just a codename, just like Windows 10 Cloud.

Windows Andromeda is likely to arrive later this year, but not before Windows 10 Redstone 3. Also, it goes without saying that nothing is certain at the moment.

By Adarsh Verma

https://fossbytes.com/windows-10-andromeda/

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

original-ad413c39376d266e7f91fd129005866

They do work together on some things  Android has Microsoft Office 365  and  Windows still allows you too install all kinds of Google apps that in my opinion  you be better off with out if you value you're privacy  just like Google DRM  i cant stand it , I already have Windows 10 calling home all the time blocked in my firewall  and if you install a browser with that DRM  it calls home to google all the time like they are Microsoft. If it was not for Microsoft and Apple  Google would of never existed , Long before Android there was Windows and MAC ...  Tell like 2007 Google was nothing too me i never even used it  by 2008 it was nothing but a search engine too me that was better than Yahoo and i still never used Android  or I never use Google Chrome other than I tested it before when running browser test  portable install only.and I dont use Edge or IE ether.

I use Slimjet or ungoogled-chromium if i have a page that want load in my Firefox Hardened  ..i just open them real quick and do what i have too do and close them.

I still  dont really trust chromium browsers  because along time ago Tor Project looked into building a browser on it and there was so much to patch they didn't bother.

I only use a burner cell phone for when i'm away from home were i live  cell phones have poor reception i dont  want too have too walk around too find a good signal just to use the internet  so it would not be worth me having to buy a smartphone and another internet provider as long as i live here  unless they put a tower really close by.and  that's not going happen no time soon.

Sadly no one cares ....anything with the stench of Windows 10 is dead to me by default

Archived