Yahoo! Messenger 0.8.288

anuraag

Yahoo! Messenger - Instant messaging allows you to quickly exchange messages with your online friends. Unlike e-mail, instant messages appear as soon they`re sent. By downloading the Yahoo! Messenger application to your computer, you can send instant messages to other people from around the globe, send them files or have a voice conference. Use Yahoo! Messenger to call and talk over the Internet just like you're on the phone. All you need is a headset, or a microphone and speakers. It's that easy - just click the Call button. If no one's there, leave a voicemail! You can also get much better sound quality than regular phone lines. Try it out - you and your friends will really hear a difference. Find, add, share friends... It's easier than ever to add and invite friends to Messenger. You can even send your contact information to a friend's Address Book.

Download

• Replies 1
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone still use Yahoo?

In March I think (March 2nd 1995) I first came across them as I think San Francisco Yahoo.

They started chat, this was good with some bad, but more good and then great gams ruined by cheats and especially ladders where people would sell their soul and cheat to get to rung one.

Then M$ offered them a huge buy out amount, I think five billion dollars ($5,000,000,000) they refused it, Yahoo got rid of chat, geocities (free websites) then games and no I think are worth two hundred million dollars ($200,000,000).

How the mighty have fallen.

To create an account now you have to by default enter a cell-phone number, I don't own a cell-phone or a number so I am shafted.

I wrote to Yahoo in Covent Garden, London, England asking tem about this, they refused to accept a recorded delivery letter, so I sent it back not recorded and they did not respond.

As far as I give a toss if they disappear from the internet I don't care as they don't care about their users.

So whence my question, ''Does anyone still use Yahoo?''

Archived