Kodi 17.0

anuraag

Kodi® (formerly known as XBMC™) is an award-winning free and open source (GPL) software media center for playing videos, music, pictures, games, and more. Kodi runs on Linux, OS X, Windows, iOS, and Android, featuring a 10-foot user interface for use with televisions and remote controls. It allows users to play and view most videos, music, podcasts, and other digital media files from local and network storage media and the internet, including TV shows, PVR and Live TV. Kodi also features Add-ons, Skins, UPnP compatibility, Web Interfaces, Remote Controls support and a lot more. The Kodi project is managed by the non-profit XBMC Foundation, and developed by volunteers located around the world.

Thanks to Siddharta for the update.

Download

• Replies 50
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, TheEmpathicEar said:

Does this have anything to do with Kodi boxes?

it can be used on a box or pc/mac/linux or firestick

Hello i have a big problem with Kodi 17 and Kaspersky Internet Security 2017 (17.0.0.611) .

I try to install KODI 17.0 but take an warning from Kaspersky and delete the file and installation .

screenshot :

Any suggestion ?

I have the same with RC4 and ask in Kaspersky  forum and this are the repply

Spoiler

Configure Kaspersky in Interactive mode by unchecking Automatic, located in Kaspersky > Settings.

Then download the installer for Kodi. Then disconnect from the internet and disable File Anti-Virus. Then click Quarantine on the main Kaspersky window.
Find Quarantine by clicking More Tools at the bottom of the main Kaspersky window, then mid-left. Then locate the entries for your Kodi in Quarantine
and/or Storage tabs and select Restore. After that, please Add to Exclusions. Re-enable File Anti Virus and re-connect to the internet.

How to add to exclusions: http://support.kaspersky.com/us/10017
If this is a false positive, please send full details to the Lab, instructions are located in the sixth important topic located near the top of the Virus section of this forum. And here:
http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=13881

#
Hi,
I have a Smart TV with Minix (Windows 10 x32) installed, with KODI RC3.
I have an IPTV list in Playlistloader, working fine.
I have another list in PVR IPTV Simple Client, with a problem to be solved:
- When I click on the desired channel, the transmission opens, but the menu in the list is above with the image below.
- If I press ESC, the menu disappears; But instead, the toolbar appears in the center of the image.
- When you click on the full screen option, the bar disappears.
This uncomfortable situation should have a choice in settings, to make it definitive.
I come to ask for your help with tips and other information.
Thank you in advance.
Hugs.
#

#

Hi, "truemate",
You are very much mistaken. You know nothing about the Kodi Project.
The "PVR IPTV Simple Client" addon is not and has never been "pirated".
It is known that it is included in KODI.
You did not know, so you know not to make absurd criticisms.
Get well. Learning does not cost much, okay?

#

Kodi 17 if wanting to use third party questionable addons, you have to enable third party addons within its settings now.  They tried to stop wizards but that did not work either.  lol  Kodi 17.1 should be released in month so I might wait...

I4rg£8all8ag

Yerrrrr,  this looks like the final (RC removed from splash screen) 

You did a upgrade more then likely, not a fresh install.  There is a way around the fresh install with wizards so either way, kodi lost.

i tried installing Kodi from .EXE and Kaspersky blocked but from Windows Store, Kaspersky don't block

ps: like the new interface btw 

breachinbleach

Hi Is it possible to install Kodi 17 over Kodi 16.1 without losing add-ons and settings? Also I tried the portable install of Kodi 17 but it does not keep settings or even addons ,any ideas? Thks

They tried to stop wizards

Hi Cerberus, didn't think you were still lurking here.. lol. Any way, still doing your wizard for private release?

Yes we are working on it at our site in the background.  17 has many changes to api so new skins are needed.  I have been busy the last 3 days.  Today is Super Bowl so I am off today.  :)

On 2/3/2017 at 9:41 AM, breachinbleach said:

Hi Is it possible to install Kodi 17 over Kodi 16.1 without losing add-ons and settings? Also I tried the portable install of Kodi 17 but it does not keep settings or even addons ,any ideas? Thks

Everything will populate to 17 but skins.  All skins have to be updated because of new api.  We are working on it, trust me.  ;)

breachinbleach

Hi Thanks for the info Cerberus ,good to know your still working with Kodi ,if you ever need a tester or whatever else just send me a pm.Thks

Well 17.x is a PITA!!!  Wizard installs addons but all are disabled by default.  You have to enable each of them manually.  WTF?  I even used old database files to update the new ones without luck. :(

I might start using SPMC since he includes voice command.  Plus everything installs correctly.  I dont use kodi much anymore anyways.  Everything on Kodi is on my vod/ppv through my iptv service.  ;)

Archived