Facebook Makes Its Privacy Settings Much Clearer

vissha

Facebook Makes Its Privacy Settings Much Clearer

Privacy-basics-768x518.jpg

Facebook has made lots of changes to its privacy settings over the years, usually in a bid to make them simpler to understand and use, yet many people just stick with the defaults.

Facebook’s new Privacy Basics aims to make it much easier for people to find the tools they need to control their information on the social network.

Created, Facebook says, using user feedback, Privacy Basics puts all of the top privacy topics and frequently asked questions within easy reach. There are 32 interactive guides available, in 44 different languages.

It provides tips for securing your account, and understanding who can see your posts, what your profile looks like to others, and so on.

The update comes as part of Data Privacy Day, which takes place every year on January 28.

Source

• Replies 2
  • Views 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I created a facebook page years ago because I had to since some software companies required a LIKE in order to get a free software package.  But I don't share anything, I have no friends on it, and I don't let anyone not a friend see it.  In other words I locked it down as much as I could.  It would be much easier if they just had a couple web pages with a slider that you could move from show to hide rather than having to hunt around for stuff.  I haven't looked at their new basics but based on previous experiences it won't be much of an improvement over the previous settings hunt.

Archived