Driver update window 10 problem

Leon90

Hi guys i have my lan and wifi driver installated by windows 10, if i installed last driver found with a driver program, i have problem with explorer, i have lag and freeze opening the folders or search file in the folders :(

i have a Laptop Acer Aspire E5-571G

Windows 10 x64 bit

network card Broadcom 802.11n

• Replies 12
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so why not uninstall the last driver found with a driver program ? you might try to to used another drver updater.

I used Drivermax and its really good finding new drivers.

Most probably it is not suitable driver.
The only logical path - remove it and let the system searches for a suitable driver again or restore from backup.

Thousands of times have been told that the driver is need to upgrade or exchange only if it does not work or does not work properly.
To exchange driver is not like exchange underwear, if something likes more, can simply exchange.

Added later

Here is Acer Aspire E5-571G original drivers.
https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/5385?b=1 

NB! There is also warning:
After upgrading to Windows 10, if there are any drivers that haven't been installed, please run Windows Update to install the appropriate drivers.

6 minutes ago, Phantomboxe said:

I used Drivermax and its really good finding new drivers.

Be careful with this Drivermax, it is not gold, but glitters well.

3 minutes ago, Kalju said:

Be careful with this Drivermax, it is not gold, but glitters well.

what do you mean? its a crapware?

4 minutes ago, Phantomboxe said:

what do you mean? its a crapware?

Of course not, but computers are so different and it is very possible to get wrong driver and sometimes they also want to install older drivers if already installed.

14 minutes ago, Kalju said:

Of course not, but computers are so different and it is very possible to get wrong driver and sometimes they also want to install older drivers if already installed.

never happen to me, i only used drivermax if i couldnt find drivers from official websites. i.e bluetooth driver but mostly i used windows update instead.

My advice is to never use a 'driver program' and - if it isn't broken, don't fix it.

Go into device manager and uninstall the hardware including drivers.

Scan for hardware changes. Let it install drivers. If it works, leave it alone. If it doesn't work go to the manufacturer website and download the latest drivers from there and install them.

Archived