Welcome to nsane.forums

Welcome to nsane.forums, like most online communities you need to register to view parts of our community or to make contributions, but don't worry: this is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of nsane.forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Access special members only forums
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates

Crazycanuk

[Solved] Assistance Required

20 posts in this topic

Hi again everyone... Just bought a gaming computer for my son, I was looking at the local buy and sell site and got a very good deal. One persons misfortunes became my gain. This desktop computer was his project witch he started last summer. It had windows 7 but i installed windows 10 pro. Here is the problem i'm facing.

The deal was for the desktop computer only i have my own screen. The screen is a Haier 29 inch monitor 1080p plugged to the computer via HDMI. before it was connected to a AMD-A10 laptop and i could adjust the screen resolution through the AMD control panel so i could stretch the picture to fit the oversize screen. The new computer has NIVIDA gpu and the drivers cant start, so i cant access NIVIDa control panel to adjust my screen. When i try enabling the G-force drivers i get a black screen. The resolution is screwed but without the control panel i cant change this.can someone tell me how to fix this?

Snap2.png      Snap6.png

These are my new computers specks

Spoiler

Snap3.png

Snap4.png

Snap5.png

Try to install latest nvidia driver --> Official Nvidia Geforce 376.60 Hotfix Driver

http://international.download.nvidia.com/Windows/376.60/376.60-desktop-notebook-win10-64bit-international.hf.exe

During installation I suggest custom installation and tick clean install

Spoiler

N4ZMNjG.png

=====================================

EDIT: (There are few workaround on that page you may need to try them all)

NVIDIA & Windows 10 (How i Solved the Code 43 Error)

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/861231/geforce-drivers/nvidia-amp-windows-10-how-i-solved-the-code-43-error-/8/

Edited by november_ra1n
1 person liked / thanked this

Can you check with GPU-Z to make sure gpu card is alive?

Managed to get my screen full (VGA) however the resolution is bad. tried to enable GTX 650 Ti but still getting black screen will try reinstalling drives as prescribed above, 

Spoiler

Snap7.png

Also power-off, pull-off Pwr cord or switch off at rear near P/S - Remove and inspect Nvidia card, check pins are OK (VGA,DVI) - clean card slot to ensure there is no dust, re-seat card ensuring it goes in correctly and retainers snap / lock shut, Power up and check it out but must have as said ^^ driver installed (Without drivers, no control panel and no control on screen resolution) - also check 'Device Manager' to ensure there are no Yellow ?  

Well can someone tell me if this problem is limited to windows 10 because im about to break something...... smiley_baseballbat.gif and if so can someone link me to a copy of windows 7 ultimate x64 eng US please 

Just bought a gaming computer for my son, I was looking at the local buy and sell site and got a very good deal. One persons misfortunes became my gain. This desktop computer was his project witch he started last summer. It had windows 7 but i installed windows 10 pro. Here is the problem i'm facing.

The deal was for the desktop computer only i have my own screen. The screen is a Haier 29 inch monitor 1080p plugged to the computer via HDMI.

Well..the GTX 650 Ti isnt really a great card for modern gaming, especially when trying to use a 1080p monitor via HDMI.
Are you sure his misfortune didnt became yours and now he has gained?
Windows10 IMO is a bad choice for an OS period.
I seen a guy post some copies of Win7 here somewhere on nsane, maybe the search function would be of some use to you?
Good Luck!

I forget what I used to use to clean my display driver delete all display drivers giving you six forty by four eighty windows vga driver.  I use driver cleaner pro I did now I use the newer driver sweeper.  I havent used driver sweeper in a long time I forget if there is a free and paid version and if you can just use the free version or not Ill find out.  I would uninstall all display drivers from device manager then restart the computer then cancel out of display driver install wizard then run a program like driver sweeper to delete all display drivers then install (if you downloaded it if not download it) the nvidia driver you want to install and choose clean installation and it should work now.  If it doesnt Im sure someone out there has run into the problem and posted about it if search function on nsane doesnt give you the results you want try to google windows ten display driver problems and look for your particular one.  Please let us know if anything that has been suggested fixes it keep us updated.

Edited by Holmes

Uninstall completely the display driver using DDU and then reinstall the latest from Nvidia website.

I hope it was not sold to you as a "gaming" PC, because the 650 Ti is not able to handle recent games at 1080p for sure...

This is a very old gen, a 680 or 690 would could still be almost in the game, or a 750Ti but a 650 released more than 3 years ago will not be able to handle games released from the past 2 years unfortunately (or in low settings or low resolution)...

thanks guys for all the help but im giving up on NIVIDA can someone suggest a different  card that would be combatable with my computer?  Please suggest something not too expensive but good enough so my kid can game. As for my monitor well I can adjust it from 1080 down so that's not a problem. I will need something that has a HDMI socket included. Thanks

24 minutes ago, Crazycanuk said:

thanks guys for all the help but im giving up on NIVIDA can someone suggest a different  card that would be combatable with my computer?  Please suggest something not too expensive but good enough so my kid can game. As for my monitor well I can adjust it from 1080 down so that's not a problem. I will need something that has a HDMI socket included. Thanks

You need to mention your price range though.

Still, I must mention, if it's booting, then the card, hardware wise, does not necessarily be a problem though.

3 people liked / thanked this

ok good bye nivida  just bought this

Sapphire Radeon NITRO RX 460 4GB GDDR5 HDMI/DVI-D/DP OC (UEFI) PCI-E Graphics Card (11257-02-20G)

6 hours ago, Crazycanuk said:

ok good bye nivida  just bought this

Sapphire Radeon NITRO RX 460 4GB GDDR5 HDMI/DVI-D/DP OC (UEFI) PCI-E Graphics Card (11257-02-20G)

This is a good card but if you plan to play the new games that will be released in the next couple of years you will probably need to upgrade it.  This card was designed to compete with the cheaper Nvidia 1050 cards but the older 750Ti does just as good and is still very popular with gamers and at a very reasonable price.

Once again thanks for the help guys, All is up and running fine. Marking as solved

Topic marked as solved.