how do i stop/block these spam messages in outlook?

jbleck

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why should use one person such a suspicious thing as Outlook? It is really strange. 

Remove it permanently and you will not get them any more never.

• Administrator

A lot of these spam come from fake phishers, who do not provide unsubscription options. Even if they do, they should not be used. The best thing, is to block them or mark them as - Phishing Scam - depending on the email type I think.

as it looks like all emails are from live.co.uk create a block script for all info@*live.co.uk job done. where * stands for anything.

10 hours ago, jbleck said:

i can't unsubscribe or even if i do then there will be other new senders ... a vicious circle.

how do i block these?

According to your screen capture they are where they belong, in your junk mail.  You don't have to look at them just right click the junk email folder and select empty.  It is the last thing I do every day since I usually have 50-60 emails in the junk mail that the filters catch.  If they show up in your inbox then you select them and select junk mail to make sure they always go to junk.  In other words Outlook is working the way it was designed to work.

3 hours ago, andy2004 said:

as it looks like all emails are from live.co.uk create a block script for all info@*live.co.uk job done. where * stands for anything.

i tried this earlier too... (info@*.live.co.uk, info@*.co.uk, info@*co.uk etc...)... wasn't able to do it.

this would be the ideal solution... with the right address.

e4909c349aca43fd9fb799d3165fd27f.png

1 hour ago, straycat19 said:

According to your screen capture they are where they belong, in your junk mail.  You don't have to look at them just right click the junk email folder and select empty.  It is the last thing I do every day since I usually have 50-60 emails in the junk mail that the filters catch.  If they show up in your inbox then you select them and select junk mail to make sure they always go to junk.  In other words Outlook is working the way it was designed to work.

i know this... i just don't like having to deal with this crap daily.

sorry my bad I should have said create a RULE.. there should be a rule wizard in your outlook...

• Go to the default Inbox folder and in the Outlook menu select Tools, Rules and Alerts.
  • Click the New rule button.
  • Select the Start from a blank rule option, then select Check messages when they arrive and click Next.
  • Check the through the specified account option and click the specified link (underlined) in the bottom field.
  • A dialog box including a list of all defined accounts will display.

Should be one in the list which says With specific words in the sender's address.. put a tick in that... then you should be able to add in a few like live.co.uk and info@

should be a line saying something like Containing the words ... and ... and everytime you put in a word it adds and which it ignores.

then specify what you want done with it.. as a test bed.. i would suggest creating a folder to send them to. to make sure it only selects the ones that contain both of those,

once you have it selecting all the correct emails then change the send to the delete folder.

You didnt say which outlook your using... an alternative would be using thunderbird and setting that up to receive your emails.

If you're the kind who settles for nothing but the very best in it's respective class you might want to give the following a try:—

E-mail Client:

The Bat! Professional

AntiSpam:

MailWasher Pro

I'm running Outlook 2016 Pro and use it only as my prime calendar that also fuels my Android — have stopped entrusting my e-mail chores to it as it has it's own set of limitations and is prone to crash (without warning) once that threshold is crossed regardless of the registry hack to enhance the database storage (which is anyways enhanced on the 2016 builds.)

On the other hand, The Bat! Professional is not shackled — the database storage can be as large as even the available disk storage (ATM, my mail database is at 86.7 GBs.)

Moreover, the above 2 standalone tools bring a host of capabilities which puts back my Outlook 2016 Pro by at least 5 approximate years, in terms of features and productivity.

Archived