KMPlayer 4.1.5.8

jalaffa

The KMPlayer is all in one media player covering various formats. It has an extra feature to play Incomplete/Damaged AVI file, Locked Media Files while downloading or sharing, Compressed Audio Album (zip, rar) and so on. It handles a wide range of subtitles and allows you to capture audio, video, and screenshots in many ways. The player provides both internal and external filters with a fully controlled environment without grappling with DirectShow merit system. The player can set multifarious audio and video effects, control playback speed and octave, select parts of a video as favorites, do a powerful A-B repeat, remap the keys of remote interface for HTPC including overlay screen controls, change a skin dynamically depending on a media type playing, and many more. It is completely customizable thanks to a wide selection of skins and color schemes.

Thanks to BLAite for the update.

Download

• Replies 13
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, jvidal said:

used to be a decent player, now it's riddled with spyware and assorted crapware.

i only use KMPlayer  repack by Cuta  it dont have any ads or even call home its more cleaner  than potplayer .

xskSAmD.png

5FDfPDe.png

it can be found here

http://kmplayer.xsda.ru/

Just download 

KMPlayer_4.1.5.8.exe

open/extract  files with 7zip

delete the $PLUGINSDIR subdirectory

That's your portable version/repack

1 hour ago, teodz1984 said:

Just download 

KMPlayer_4.1.5.8.exe

open/extract  files with 7zip

delete the $PLUGINSDIR subdirectory

That's your portable version/repack

every time i install km player portable or from the homepage unless i block with a firewall it has ads on the gui and calls home. That repack dont call home and dont have ads so its been patched too not too call home.

here is another way to block it

http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-completely-disable-kmplayer-games-and-ads/

But its silly because you can just  block the exe in you're firewall and it's the same thing but with repack i dont have too block it.. it dont call home or have ads.

is only 0.7 MB

Will download the latest KMPlayer_4.1.5.8.exe which is 38 MB

and install the files based on the original installer

Even if the  DAUM POTPLAYER installer is 20 to 21 mb (depending on architecture)

The  DAUM POTPLAYER take 91 MB of hard disk space .. when installed...

The biggest problem with portable  there's no way too associate files without making it not portable , i  like to be able to click on a file and play it , only players i keep portables of are ones i dont use very often . As far as the size of a media player its not really a issue too me because most of my apps i dont use very often are portable so i dont hardly have anything installed  . but you have too install something  and i never use my default media player as portable . i enjoy watching videos and listening too music  so i always keep a few players installed for association.  They only player i use a lot that's on my portable hard drive is mpv  and i use it for streaming and its associated with a addon in Firefox :)

3 hours ago, jamesbond said:

a repack that is twice as big as the original? and can't even be unpacked manually? no thanks.

The only diffidence in size once its  instaledl is because  it has extra skins  and Menu.exe by Cuta witch i guess is the patch and its not 2 times as big from the homepage its 133 MB  installed and cuda version is 177 MB so that's over exaggerating . The size of the installer has no barring on the size of the install just that the one from the homepage is better compressed with a online pup adware install as well. my potplayer is 179 mb install because i have extra skins  so what's you're point? :)

when i say twice as big i mean the installer of course.

personally, there's no way i would install something like this from some russian homepage, not even in a sandbox.

sure, the whole thing seems to be ok in this case.

Archived